Thread: 725 white backgrounds and red crosses

Default 725 white backgrounds and red crosses

went and got the correct paint for my newly acquired 725, now need to figure out the white and red for the crosses. Is this something special or just a pure white base and red cross red? Truck is at the blasters now having the frame and a few other parts done, so I won't need it for a while. I am going to go ahead and paint it after they are done blasting it. Also does 03D6729 mena anything to anyone? It was stenciled onto the back of the ambulance over the rear doors, behind U.S. Army.
    COWBELL, you need more of it

Quote Originally Posted by snakeater View Post
    went and got the correct paint for my newly acquired 725, now need to figure out the white and red for the crosses. Is this something special or just a pure white base and red cross red? Truck is at the blasters now having the frame and a few other parts done, so I won't need it for a while. I am going to go ahead and paint it after they are done blasting it. Also does 03D6729 mena anything to anyone? It was stenciled onto the back of the ambulance over the rear doors, behind U.S. Army.
    howdy uturn here....guess your puttin it back the way it was.....good for you
    I hav a 725-e1 is yours the ampheious edition .......as far as getting the origional
    cross back ....I 'm certain youll half to look it up in one of the service manuals
    because as i left mine on and painted over it.....I'm pretty sure you can start your
    search for manuals here on the zone...if not try one of those military restoration
    clubs.....where was that strange number.....gona look at mine for it
    see yu....e-mail....dogtownplace@charter.net.....bye for now

actually it will get a diesel drivetrain, but outside it will be restored. My wife has laid claim to the truck and wants it put ahead of my other projects so that she can have a toy of her own. she plans to drive it. Does my heart good. Snakeater
    COWBELL, you need more of it

Hey, uturn: What's a M725e1? I know there are a few (like 2) M715e1 out there, but they were very late model, like 1972, custom brass data plate and all. Some other factory mods to spring hangers, batteries behind the seats, hood lip like civvy. Is yours like that? Would like more info on your ambulance.

Sorry for hijacking the tread.?

BTW your 03D6729 is your US Army registration number, very good to have. Search the archives for 'hood number' for more information.

Scott