Thread: Brake Flex-lines

Default Brake Flex-lines

Gonna' start into the brakes next week. Question is, does anybody have a source for the stainless braided flex lines (3) besides Classic Tube?
    I used them before but I paid a huge price for them and was just wondering if anyone had used something different. I went to a couple of local Hydraulics hose places and they told me they didn't have the proper fittings for the ends because they were automothive type and they didn't use/carry them.
    Any ideas?

if you are talking about the drop lines to the axles you could very likely build them yourself. Earls and areoquip for sure have tons of fittings, hose ends and hose avialable to make the hoses yourself. they are not "dot legal" but i have used them. -4 AN is basically the same as 1/4" brake tubing.
    ryan
    67 #18820 mostly stock...

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

4WD Parts and most of the off-road companies have them too, and you can order them by length and line size.

I think I even saw them once at AutoZone. Just finding someone behind the counter to help might be a bit of a challenge though.
    "Free advice is worth what you pay for it."™

Cool, thank you. I'll check that out.

The rear is very simple using -3 or -4 braided hose, two ends and the appropriate adapters to the existing hard line (I wanna say the line back there is 3/16" but I can't remember.

The fronts require custom made ends to work with the little stubs of 1/4" hard line (nipples) at the wheel cylinder. The hose shop I used cut the nipples off the ends of my rubber lines and brazed them into a -4 adapter that screwed into the flex line.

I spent right at $100 for bolt-in replacement flex line. I recommend you add at least 2 or 3 inches to the overall length of each, more if you plan on a lift at any time.

Chris

Ok, sounds like a good idea to add a few.