Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Canvas top help for the M715...

Default Canvas top help for the M715...

Hi Everyone,

I am new to the forum and the M715 Zone. Thanks for allowing me to be a part of the M715 Zone. My M715 is being loaded today and being shipped to Florida. I hope to have it this Wednesday.

I have a ton of questions, but for starters, my M715 had a hard-top or fiberglass top installed. Are there patterns/directions to get it back to the original canvas top? I live in Florida so there's a ton of canvas shops around.

Thanks in advance! Tom

Well first you need to see if you will have all the soft top support pieces considering most hard tops did not use those parts. And to be honest the best way to get a correct fitting top is to just buy one from any of the several military canvas vendors. I use WeeBee Webbing for all the canvas on mine. It is super nice but they are made to order and usually takes 4-8 weeks. There are places like Surplus City that sell premade ones on eBay and several members have bought them and said they were nice. Welcome and please make sure to post up plenty of pics once your truck arrive to you as we all love seeing pics.
    Dave
    Delta Team Decals: http://www.deltateamdecals.com/

Thanks so much, Dave! I appreciate the info and the names of possible suppliers. Photos will be later this week.

Unfortunately WeeBee Webbing does not make cargo cover tops anymore, just the cab tops. On their webpage they state it's hard to find good quality canvas of the right size. As the cargo cover is made from two large pieces. I considered buying there, but don't want any color differences between the cab and bed.

Thanks Jasper! I appreciate your note. Tom

Dave....I clicked on your decal page. It's great! My M715 "appears" to be complete with decals, except it doesn't have the oval 4 on the front grill frame. Do you just sell that oval 4 plaque? Also....I did read about the markings on your link. What does the "4" mean?

Quote Originally Posted by tmk715 View Post
    Dave....I clicked on your decal page. It's great! My M715 "appears" to be complete with decals, except it doesn't have the oval 4 on the front grill frame. Do you just sell that oval 4 plaque? Also....I did read about the markings on your link. What does the "4" mean?
    The yellow plate on the front grill is known as the bridgeweight plate and has moveable numbers to show the weight class of the vehicle and cargo it is carrying. Finding original yellow ones is becoming increasingly difficult and pricy since were repainted green in the 70's when the vehicles had subdued markings. These plates were on all military vehicles so they can be plentiful to find in green. A simple repaint with school bus yellow paint and I sell a remarking kit to re-letter them makes them look correct again.

Here is a close up of one that I had repainted.
    Dave
    Delta Team Decals: http://www.deltateamdecals.com/

Dave, thanks so much for the info on the front plaque. I appreciate it very much.

TOM

This was my truck before the restoration but you can see the frame needed for the canvas.

Thanks for all the help!

Hi Kyken - thanks for you return note. Although I'm trying to find my way around the forum, I can't seem to see the photo of the frame needed as you mentioned. Tom