Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hard top value?

Default Hard top value?

Just curious what a hard top would go for. I am going to a OD green soft top and not sure what they bring. Looks to be really well made but needs a good paint job and a little cleaning up.

No longer on the hunt.

Depends on if someone close needs it and can pick it up...since shipping it is almost impossible. I think most hard tops bring anywhere between $100-$300 depending on overall shape.

Just my own opinion - since many styles of hardtops are out there, there are only certain ones I like the look of - and that can be a factor as well.

Jester Guest

Is it in WA or TX?

Looks like WA plates on that truck.

That looks like Rollies old truck.

Is in TX now and has no plates at the time. Yes Rollies old ride.
    No longer on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by kingjason View Post
    Is in TX now and has no plates at the time. Yes Rollies old ride.
    Man, if I had known I would have bought that top from you before you hauled the truck home from Kansas City.

It is one of a few hard tops I like on them someone did some good work and it just requires a few bolts on and off.. I may paint it to match when the time comes. However once I put the soft top on I doubt I will ever go back. Needs a new back glass though.
    No longer on the hunt.

I bet the hatch on the roof even opened at one time for fresh air. LOL
    No longer on the hunt.

Yes. that is my old truck.
    That particular top has a similar shape to an original cloth top and fits over the top bows without having to remove them. This also gives better headroom for tall drivers, more then some of the flat tops. The bump on the top is molded in solid and was made to mount a flashing light. Some people don't like the look of the bump. This was originally built as part of a batch of about 30 for the Whatcom County Washington road department which owned 30 M715's they got government surplus back in the 70's.
    What works well for the back window is to pick up a complete rear window with silder from a doner pickup and cut out the fiberglass to fit the new window.

Another factor to consider, is the inside cab noise can be lot quieter with a soft top unless you line the hard top with insulation or something.

Here's another one I had from the same batch:
    I think they look ok, when painted.

Last edited by rollie715; December 16th, 2009 at 10:35 AM.

Yeah it does look a lot better then homemade. I knew they had to be more then a one off by the design. I bet some good insulation and it would be nice and quiet.
    No longer on the hunt.