Default hummer103 :

Re: Throttle linkage?
    Post by hummer103 on Sept 25, 2006, 8:51pm

Thanks Porkchop thats perfect

Default porkchop :

Post by porkchop on Sept 27, 2006, 10:49am

Quote:
    If I'm understanding you correctly, you have the carb mounted 90 degrees off from what a v-8 would be with the throttle lever closest to the firewall meaning the cable has to fit between the carb and the head? And this is for better performance out of the inline six due to having the primaries an equal distance between all the cylinders? IF that is the case, it seems the same theory would work with the carb mounted 180 degrees from where it currently is and the longer cable could simply be between the carb and the fenderwell. Just a random thought and maybe way off base... Bill

Looking at the pics now, that might mean you'd need an even longer cable so really either way, you're not gonna get it with what you have I guess.

The reason they say you can't put the secodaries outboard is because when they open they will not give equal amounts of fuel to cylinders 3-4. I am getting all this from the guys over at inliners.org. But there is still some conflicting post that I am trying to get worked out. Some on there are even saying the carb can be mounted the same as on a V8 with no ill effects. But it doesn't seem like it would distribute the fuel equally that way to me. More to follow.

Default porkchop :

Post by porkchop on Sept 27, 2006, 8:57pm

After much debate, I am going to mount it with the primaries toward the engine. So it will be 180 out from the pictures above. The existing cable will then work, still maybe a 1/2 inch short, but i can get it to work. Thanks for all the suggestions. I will keep them in mind in case I can't get the performance out of the engine I want. But according to the guys on inliners.org there should be no ill effects.