Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Replacement Mirrors

Default Replacement Mirrors

Was out buying a few parts and I found a replacement mirror at AutoZone I thought I would pass along. This mirror is slightly shorter, less than an inch for sure, and a bit wider than the stock ones. They have basically the same mount though instead of a stud sticking out that you tighten a not on, they have a kind of tube threaded on the inside that you put a bolt from the rear, through the mirror arm, into and tighten. The metal is stainless steel.

NOTE: The bolt that needs to go through the mirror arm on these is 5/16ths inch, stock is 1/4...you have to open the mont hole in the arm to the new size.

These are rectangular, measures are:
    5 7/8ths wide by 7 3/4 tall according to the box.
    The manufacturer on the box is Koehler Enterprises and the part number on the box is RA750HS.
    Cost was $7.99 each.

I painted mine OD and mounted them....they look good to me...maybe not perfect but real close, definately cheaper and arent going to rust anytime soon.

brute4c
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

Heres a pic....

brute4c
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Looks great, glad to see I am not the only one with a flaking overcoat. I call it green dandruff...
    Proud owner of two 1968 M0715 trucks....
    Maybe they own me....or soon will!

Default Is there a cheap fuel pump that can handle hot gear oil?

Sure is smoky where you live..... I need to find the brackets for the mirrors any luck on that one?

I found some NOS on ebay. I waited/looked for about 2 months before I found the 1st one and then it took another 4 months for the other. They are out there, just not many of them. I have alos seen a few used from time to time. Good Luck

What bracket....the 90 degree pieces that hook to the loop to the arm and to the door? Or the loop piece that goes from the 90's on he door to the arm?
    brute4c

I need correct mirror brackets as well (everything from the door up to the mirror head). Are the arm/brackets you can get for the M38A1 the same thing? They look like it but I'm not sure.

Stan

I dont know if the arm is the same as the M38A1...but I know I saw a box full of the arms at VPW's...I dont know if they have the attach hardware...you can check and let us know....
    As far as the 90 degree pieces on the door, I will measure mine, best as I can, either this evening or tommorow, and post...those are just flat metal with a 90 degree end....could be fabbed out of angle iron and no one would ever know.
    brute4c

i used m35 arms and brackets, or thats what white owl told me when i bought them

Quote Originally Posted by brute4c
    I dont know if the arm is the same as the M38A1...but I know I saw a box full of the arms at VPW's...I dont know if they have the attach hardware...you can check and let us know....
    As far as the 90 degree pieces on the door, I will measure mine, best as I can, either this evening or tommorow, and post...those are just flat metal with a 90 degree end....could be fabbed out of angle iron and no one would ever know.
    brute4c
    I sent an email to VPW last Friday but so far no response. Also emailed Memphis and AB Linn to see what they might have.

Stan