Thread: Cowl drain holes behind kick panel

Blog Entries

Default Cowl drain holes behind kick panel

I need a pic of the drain holes that are behind the kick panels. It lets all the water that comes in the hood cowl vent to drain. I saw a pic not long ago someone had taken. But for the life of me I cant find it.

Also if anyone has a pic of the ones in the rear of the cab in those deep cavities I'd love that too.

Not sure which drain holes you are referring to but maybe these?:
    I have the front sheet metal off my truck now, and I have a bunch of pictures from when I rebuilt this area, so if this isn't the area you are looking for let me know.

Also not sure what you mean by the drains in the rear of the cab. Do you mean this area?

Blog Entries

I see you have a plate were the cavity is in the rear of the cab. Below that plate there must be a drain hole. And yes I think that is the cowl drain you are showing me.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by teking; September 19th, 2021 at 10:53 AM.

Is the "plate" you are referring to the area circled in red below?

If so, that is actually the end of the horizontal surface of the rocker panel.

Here are some pictures of the construction of that area. These pictures show the passenger side but the driver's is the same.

There isn't really a drain in that area (which may explain why it rots so quickly). Once water falls over the top of the "plate", it gets trapped between the rocker and the bottom of the outer panel. I suppose water could seep out some of the weld seems, but basically it is trapped. As far as I can tell, there is not drain designed into this area.

Blog Entries

That water trap us exactly what I'm talking about. I just assumed there was a drain.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk