Thread: Are Champion XML12 spark plugs suitable replacement?

Default Are Champion XML12 spark plugs suitable replacement?

This old chestnut again.....
    I'm in the UK and really struggling to find replacement spark plugs for the 7815. However in my search on the internet looking at charts listing equivalent plugs for the 2407 and the 2344 up pops the XML15Y and the XML12.

Now the XML12 seem to be easier to find over here in the UK than the others mentioned. These plugs are 14mm have a reach of 1/2" (12.5mm) and the overall length is 3 8/16th inches in length. I can't find a temperature range for them.

This is the most informative link I've come across

https://www.industrialsparkplugs.co....lug-xml12.html

Have any of you come across these plugs, and are they suitable for the 715, any thoughts appreciated.

Simon.

I picked up six XML12 spark plugs and today fitted them to the truck. They are longer than the standard plug but taking care and patience they do fit. The hardest part is attaching the leads.

After spending quite some time almost doubled over sat in the engine bay, I was reward with a sweet running engine with no misfire or flat spot. So these plugs at a fraction of the cost of the originals, which I can’t find over here in the UK/Europe anyway, will keep the truck running as it should. When I say a fraction it work out roughly at four plugs for the price of one! Which means I can afford to change the plugs every year if necessary. These plugs are for a Snowcat.

I’ll keep you posted as time goes on as to their performance/durability. I will also keep my eyes open for any other possible alternatives available over here that might be easier to source in the US.

Thank you for the report on the plugs.

Here's an update on the Champion XML12 spark plugs. They have now been fitted for a year and seem to work well. Number two plug kept loosening but that was down to me not wanting to over tighten the plugs. Since fitting them the new fuel in the UK has caused problems with the fuel line and carb. So replaced all the old flexi pipes and fitted a new ethenol resilient carb pump etc.

The plugs in the meantime to continue to work well. As I said in my original post they are just a pain to fit but well worth the aggrevation considering the cost saving.