Thread: Stock axle question??????

Default Stock axle question??????

I have a 1967 M-715 dana 60 front as you all know, Am I looking getting a locker for the front, Am I right saying I need a 30 Spline, full floating, 456 and up carrier when i order one??????? Is there anything else I need to know. I have put a locker in my model 30 on my little jeep is it pretty much the same deal?? Was thinking about going with lockright, does anyone have any bad things to say about them, I do all offroading in it. I know they make better lockers but price does matter in my build but ohh well thanks for any info.

Dana 60 30 SPL LOCK-RIGHT Item #60D/LKR30

THAT fits....
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

The lockright works good IMO. It is a lunchbox design (installs inside of your existing carrier...handy as you don't have to fuss with gear setup as nothing is changed. That unit is stout enough that you'll break the axle shafts prior to breaking it..."I think"
    This post is closed-captioned for the hearing impaired.

power lock or track locK is better for the front end IMO

Quote Originally Posted by BCOWANWHEELS View Post
    power lock or track locK is better for the front end IMO
    Can you tell us why you think the power lock or track lock is better for the front end?
    Zone holster maker

I would caution against putting in a locker without locking hubs if you don't have them already... They can be a real bear to steer and I have had to run coolers on my power steering (little jeeps). I imagine that with manual steering it would be even worse (course if you have locking hubs and pwr steering it shouldn't matter).

And I have used lockrights before (used ones for that matter) and I never had any issues with them. I put full case detroits in when I built my TJ 44's but I find the road manners of the full detroits alot more predictable and quieter than lock rights. Lock rights tend to snap and pop and make you think you just snapped an axle shaft when you are just driving down the road coming out of a gradual turn. And im not exagerating, I actually checked to see if I snapped a shaft on serveral occasions after an exceptionally loud crack noise.

I havn't heard anything from my lock right. I was wonding if it was even working so I pulled up on a steep hill and let it dig for a while. Sure enough, it was working. No snapping or popping yet on corners though.

My rear sounds like someone under there with a sledge hammer some times. As long as you cost through the turns it dos not really make much noise. Next will be a locker for the front. I have lockout hubs and power steering so no on road issues.