Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: What I've been up to...

I'm imagining Mad Max meets M715. My imagination is limited only to boring scribbles- your hard work blows me away, Mikel!
    Come and take it
    Go work at joann fabrics if you can't shoot a gun

This will be as cool as your 6X6. I seem to remember seeing a Power Wagon or something similar that a guy built that swiveled the same way. Did you see that?

Quote Originally Posted by Jed View Post
    This will be as cool as your 6X6. I seem to remember seeing a Power Wagon or something similar that a guy built that swiveled the same way. Did you see that?
    Thank you. Like this one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaUAafenZhA

Yep! The video of that truck crawling around made me smile.

Sorry I missed that video at the start of your post. I was too caught up in the frame pictures!

Glad to see your building another. Can't wait to see how it ends up

That is WAY COOL!
    I saw a kit for the power wagons several years ago and, since my 715 is down to the frame, I have been considering doing the same to it.
    Are you willing to share intel on this yet?
    Are you using a system to limit the amount of "Twist" you get in the frame?

The kit I saw used a hollow center tube so the brake nies and electrical could be run through it to limit their required flex and exposure to elements below.

Really interested to see the steps you take to complete this build!

Hello,
    Nothing special in my design, other that it uses needle bearings, unlike the original bronze bushings.
    I am using chains to limit travel, and also as a safety in case the swivel fails catastrophically...
    Mikel

We use the plastic winch rope on our rock crawling buggy for limit straps...quieter and lighter than chain....Once you get it close, if it is doubled, you can twist it up to shorten....I am sure I could dig up a couple pieces if you want to check it out at some point...
    Is that real money?

Good idea. Thank you.