Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Project: In over my head (again)

Dude.... looks f%#$ing awesome! Really cool project .

Quote Originally Posted by jhartings View Post
    Dude.... looks f%#$ing awesome! Really cool project .
    Thanks man!

@hayeselmotors

VERY nice!
    67' M715/5.9 Cummins/ZF5/NP205

Alright, So I've had a couple solid days to jam on the truck this past week. First, I was finally able to put the front suspension back together after it tried to take my finger off. Luckily it went together with no drama this time. All I need to do now is swap out the pinion yoke.

putting the leaf pack back together after paint

all buttoned up

next, I moved onto wiring and routing everything; including the fuel line. This took a lot of patience but I have everything where I want it now. I was even able to get the body harness and the engine harness work together off of the same power source!

The trickiest bit was figuring out what to do with the Ram's dash fuse panel. After some pondering, I decided to make a couple brackets and mount it behind the dash facing down. That way I will have access to the fuses easily.

After cleaning everything up, I decided now was a good time to bed line the cab. I've been wanting to do this for about 2 years so I'm happy that I was able to finally lay it down!

Before

After!

Now I just need to hook up the cooling system (and fan controller), throttle cable, parking brake, oils and fluids for everything, bleed brakes, and I could feasibly test drive it! too bad I have to travel so much for work this week or I've be trying to drive it sometime in the next two weeks.

@hayeselmotors

Alright, so after the bedliner and topcoat dried, I insulated and reinstalled the trans tunnel cover.

I need a new cover plate for the shift sticks but it's 98% done. I was able to get the tcase shift linkage to come out of the original opening but I still had to open it up a bit. I used the original connector rod but cut it and refit it to work with the NP205.

I also was able to hook up the original heater cables to get the heater box to work. While working on the dash, I installed my toggle switches for engine harness on, radiator fan override, and aux lights. While doing the wiring, I spliced in new pigtails for the headlights and installed new 12v bulbs.

In addition to all of the small stuff, I painted and reinstalled the battery box while making a new battery tie-down and ports for aux power sources.

The truck is really coming along and I think I should be able to drive it after my next work trip!

@hayeselmotors

I am excited for you...cant wait to find out how it does!!
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

Quote Originally Posted by brute4c View Post
    I am excited for you...cant wait to find out how it does!!
    Thanks! I can't wait to drive it again! It's been a while.

@hayeselmotors

Hopefully we get to see at least one burn out video.

Quote Originally Posted by glenn View Post
    Hopefully we get to see at least one burn out video.
    Definitely not initially. I'm going to be gentle with it for a while until I get a good feel for it. Plus, I'm not sure how receptive the 10 spline pinions will be to all the torque in one hit. Maybe in the dirt?

@hayeselmotors

Ok, after a to week break from working on the truck because of some weird thing called a "day job" I got to get back to wrenching! The first thing I did was to fit the hood and grille. I've been waiting to see the grille on the truck forever! I think it looks pretty good!

I also got a blackout light mount so I can mount an aux light. I've always wanted the hood light. haha

I also ran by the surplus store and snagged some jerry cans for water and fuel.

I was able to route my heater hoses for the heater box and hooked up the blower motor. I also installed new under dash ducting so my heat will work.

I don't have pictures, but I was even able to fill the axles, tcase, and trans with gear oil. I was going to install the new pinion yoke on the FA and driveshaft but I accidentally ordered the wrong yoke. So I'll have to wait for a proper 29spline yoke to show up. The other road block I hit today was that finding a serpentine belt that fits may be boarder line impossible. I might have to change out the tensioner pulley for a ribbed one so I can clock it differently and use a longer belt? I dunno. I need a 7 rib ~86.75" belt. It's apparently a unicorn belt. Oh well, I'll add it to the list. Hopefully I can get everything set before EJS.

Finally I was able to install the windshield sprayers. I had to bend the metal a bit but they spray ~ 1/2 up the windshield. not too bad.

@hayeselmotors