Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 230 Distributor Problem(s)

If you use a desktop/laptop, you can download a free program called EZ Thumbs and after you configure it, you can have it make a single pic or a whole folder of pics into resized images of a set size...whole folder would go to a preselected size and saved. It calls them thumbnails but you can select any size you want for the pic to come out...doesnt have to be small...

Link:
    https://www.fookes.com/easy-thumbnails
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

Quote Originally Posted by brute4c View Post
    If you use a desktop/laptop, you can download a free program called EZ Thumbs and after you configure it, you can have it make a single pic or a whole folder of pics into resized images of a set size...whole folder would go to a preselected size and saved. It calls them thumbnails but you can select any size you want for the pic to come out...doesnt have to be small...

Link:
    https://www.fookes.com/easy-thumbnails
    Jon, I have an anxiety of computers and their operation that makes words like "resize", "configure", and "folder" scary just by their reading. I avoid the processes associated with them any time I can. Build a nice M715 out of two trucks after bringing the good one 30 miles to town over 4wd trails & back roads on the end of an Uhaul towbar? No problem. Resize an image? Palms get sweaty...

Thank you very much for the advice, Jon, but it's wasted on someone of my (in)abilities. I'll keep posting images from Tapatalk, and select a smaller-size image next time. Today's the big day, so I should posting up the cause of that distributor drive failure in a few hours.

Got the oil pump out, and I’m wondering if this looks right:

I can’t see anything to engage the distributor drive, and I couldn’t find a slot or the like inside the recess on the end when I checked with a screwdriver:

Going to go get some lunch and a couple longer bolts to attach the HB puller.

Ok, scratch that question about the oil pump drive: there’s a slot in there, I just wasn’t diligent enough looking for it.

I did find these though:

Sure enough, one of the roll pins worked its way out far enough to prevent distributor removal. I could find no sign that it caused this:

I’m at a loss as to why these teeth look like they do. There is no sign that that roll pin hung up on the chain cover:

Anyone know where I can get one of these beauties?

I'm only using the inner two grooves on the crankshaft pulley-- do I even need to reinstall that outer pulley?

Looking at how my drive gear was installed, and how Dan's is in the picture on page two, mine was installed backwards thus explaining the uneven wear pattern on my gear, and the subsequent failure. Too much load on too little tooth area of the drive gear.

That's my theory, anyway.

In the description of oil pump installation in the TM, they mention orienting the slot in the oil pump shaft at 10:00 & 4:00. Is that 10 & 4 looking to the back, or to the driver side?

I can’t see any evidence anyone pays any attention to this thread, so I’ll take any further questions elsewhere.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Nailhead View Post
    I can’t see any evidence anyone pays any attention to this thread, so I’ll take any further questions elsewhere.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I have been following this thread but unfortunately don't have anything constructive to add. I don't post frivolous comments. But I do hope that you are able to resolve the issue. I, fortunately have not had to deal with that problem.

I hope you can get it fixed!

Same here, following but have insufficient knowledge to help! Wish I did.
    Thank you
    Thanks for all the help!