Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: June 2004 JP Magazine 715 motor swap article

Hammer,

They say things are bigger in Texas. Perhaps the mail route your mailman has to run takes a coupla weeks to complete.....? Maybe?

We get our mail at about 9:20 in the morning.
    -B.

Default reply on 3:1 gear set

Need more hotties. This issue seemed devoid of such refresments.

BTW, did Cappa ever get the smackdown for his "widget" piece?

Get more chicks.
    "other peoples junk, is something or other" - Militarypotts 02/07/2011

Quote Originally Posted by Brian_Sisson
    Killing a mailman is a federal offense.

I bet right now he's sitting at home reading your JP and drinking Schlitz.

I have an 8N too! Does your stall out when it gets hot? Mine will bushhog tall grass for an hour and then just die. I put in a temp gauge and it gets up to 180 and concs out. Too small a tractor I guess.

-B.
    Brian check your coil. Dang things can heat up and stop supplying secondary spark.

I got my issue on Wednesday. The day after I left for a teacher conference.

Jeff, stayed up last night after I got home and read it cover to cover. JP is the magazine I favor of all of the 4x4 type magazines. Tell Primedia to keep up the good work.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

Ethan, part of me agrees with you, part of me realizes the facts of parts availability. That's why my Honcho has stayed Jeep all the way. On my 725, if I can get a good Chebby 350 with a 700r4 and xfer case for $500, hell I can't even buy the flywheel, clutch, and bellhousing to fit my spare 360 for much less than that!

Yikes! Where are you located? AMC motors are falling from the sky here in CO. True, you have to look to find a really nice one, but I've actually been to the point where we've had to get RID of motors cuz I had too much stuff. I guess it depends on where you are.

Plus, with the Chevy, fuel injection is a breeze. I know it can be done with the Jeeps, but requires special adapters, etc. I view my Honcho as a Jeep...I view my 725 as a military vehicle, and thus not quite subject to the same sense of propriety.

AMC fuel injection is a breeze, too, with Howell EFI. A little pricey, but it's the best $$ I've ever spent on my truck. Great customer service, too!

Of course, my biggest reason for staying all Jeep is that I am familair with em. I don't know squat about Chevy motors. =8-O

Quote Originally Posted by Barrman
    JP is the magazine I favor of all of the 4x4 type magazines.
    Me too. My favorite stories that they do are when they go out to some God-forsaken place to buy some beater of a Jeep. That's some the funniest stuff I've ever read.

Stan

Barrman, Brian's 1406 is a Webber anyway.

Heh,heh.

(B-...HA!)
    Big Blocks RULE!

Default 5/4 for sale in California

That is why I like the Edelbrocks. I have a Weber 45DCOE on my mini. I'm just glad that Edelbrock has reduced the normally outrages Weber price.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

now will someone enlighten me as to where i can find this magazine or order it from? the only magazine you can find around here is four wheeler, and it is mostly for the independently rich and famous who have enough money to burn a wet mule. so if any one has an address that i can order it from i would appreciate it. by the way barrman put a clothes pin on your gas line, it might be vapor locking, as the fuel line runs too close to the block, don't ask me why it works, it just does.

Larry,
    What vapor lock problem are you talking about? I haven't had a fuel problem in weeks in any of my vehicles. If you are talking about the tractor, it is a fuel/ air metering problem. I get plenty to the carb. One nice thing about a updraft carb is that when it floods, you can hear it hit the ground.

JP magazine subscriber services is at 800-678-8012. Or you can probably go to the web site. www.jpmagazine.com