Thread: PCV revisited

My truck is missing the PVC valve.
    I checked with the FAQ's and manuals and couldn't find a part number for it. The photos in the manuals look like it is a threaded valve.
    Does anybody know the part number for the valve or would they have a valve they could part with?

Joel

The PCV is a threaded unit...I tried to get one from NAPA a while back but the ones for the civvy engines are no longer out there. The solution I found was to get one for a baically similiar application, 225 cubic inch slant 6 Dodge, early 60's to early 80's, can be found with a Holley 1920 1 barell carb in a lot of those years. Very close to the same cube and a different version of the same 1920 carb the M715 uses. This kind uses a hose mount on both ends...go to a hardware store and get a piece to screw into the stock pcv port with a hose type mount on the other end, use a short piece of hose from the adapter to the new pcv.
    Works....thats all I know...
    brute4c
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

Advance said they have the PVC for the Civilian 230 engine part # PV765 (a Purolator part). It isn't threaded. I will adapt the civvie valve.

Thanks for posting the part number...will get one myself.
    FYI, its PCV, Positive Crankcase Ventilation...pvc is poly vinyl choride which is used for those plasticy plmbing pipes and a ton of other stuff.
    brute4c
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

Oopps!! that was a typo on my part.

Several people have probably already adapted a civvie PCV valve, but for those who haven't and might be wondering how (I was anyway).

I bought my truck about a month ago and it didn't have a PCV valve. One of the surplus places had the stock threaded valve for around $26. I checked with Advance and got the PCV valve for a 65 J-truck with the 230. I then went to Home Depot and bought a brass pipe nipple that threaded into the stock PCV adapter in the intake. I also bought two hose clamps and some 3/8 hose. I then put the civvie PCV valve in line using the clamps and hose to attach it at the nipple and oil filler cap.
    All the parts cost $7 and labor cost a beer.

I bought one at Carquest that was for a BMW, but it fit. I will get the part#

8. Default

AUTO ZONE has an exact replacement Deutsch Precision Filters part# PCV147 (cost $2.99+tax)
    1969 M715

Default Little metal bayonet fittings for headlights

Da** I thought I was getting over cheap and I got beat out by something cheaper. That my friends is the story of my life. Good info Danarchy.

Joel