Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: June 2004 JP Magazine 715 motor swap article

I meant for the 8N. I'm ok for my trucks, thanks though.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

Ahhhh! For your 8n!

What's the deal? Thaken it apart? There's nothing in it except a needle and a valve. If it won't stay ideling then you most likely have trouble with that fuel screen that is in the fitting in the inlet of the carb. Mine was all clogged with rust and such.

I wish all carbs were updraft.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian_Sisson
    Last Thursday.

Got it, read it, brought it to work where all the guys read it, and now it's all tattered and in the stack on the bathroom floor.

-B.
    I just REALLY hope it's not sticky.....

I can have my 8n carb off of the tractor, completely apart, blown out with air and back on the tractor in less than 10 minutes. That is not the problem. I either get no fuel or fuel pooring out of the air intake. No in between. I keep messing with the float level and cleaning it. I have learned to let it drip out, cut off the fuel, start it, set the engine speed I want and then adjust the fuel on/off valve to the proper flow.

The thing is driving me nuts.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

If you are just trying to give away the Edelbrock, I will take it. I will pick it up in 23 days.

Why do they go puttin' Chevy motors in where Jeep motors should go??? Sheesh.... Another reason not to like that rag.... Not trying to start a flame war, but I like my AMC *Jeep* motor quite well. <g>

Ethan, part of me agrees with you, part of me realizes the facts of parts availability. That's why my Honcho has stayed Jeep all the way. On my 725, if I can get a good Chebby 350 with a 700r4 and xfer case for $500, hell I can't even buy the flywheel, clutch, and bellhousing to fit my spare 360 for much less than that!

Plus, with the Chevy, fuel injection is a breeze. I know it can be done with the Jeeps, but requires special adapters, etc. I view my Honcho as a Jeep...I view my 725 as a military vehicle, and thus not quite subject to the same sense of propriety.

end of speech, thanks for coming, and have a good night!

rich
    67 M725 67 M715 68 M715

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FSJ_Guy
    Why do they go puttin' Chevy motors in where Jeep motors should go??? Sheesh.... Another reason not to like that rag.... Not trying to start a flame war, but I like my AMC *Jeep* motor quite well. <g>
    I have an FSJ with the AMC 360. So can only speak to the AMC 360.
    I just got rid of a Dodge w/ a Dodge 360. And had a old truck in high school with a dodge 360. In my humble opinion the AMC 360 is a pile-o-crap compared to the dodge. The AMC has to be rebuilt every 80K. This is a well know problem with them. I subscribe to a few FSJ boards and everyone will tell you the same thing. If you got an AMC 360 closing in on 80k you're lookin at a rebuild. My FSJ has close to 130k was rebuilt at (you guessed it) ... motor runs great for now, but takes constant attention.

One word.... Buick! 455 gas guzzlin power to boot....
    Liz, covid, murdered 10/19/21