Thread: Hydro clutch

Default Hydro clutch

While in the process of putting in the 6.2 I have been thinking about a hydraulic clutch release. Think the internal hydro bearing would work or just add the external slave?

6.2 diesel mated to the T98.

http://www.partsgeek.com/ntparts/200...ek+ShoppingCom

I prefer the external slave, easier to fix if it leaks. Foodstamp converted to a hydraulic setup when he did his 6.2 conversion that looks pretty clean. You might find out what parts he used, I think they were mostly stock parts.

The hydro set up will be easier to push, won't bind when the truck is flexed and let you drill some more holes in the fire wall.

The mechanical set up will work fine and be real easy to work on in the future.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

I would like to see how the mechanical linkage is set up. The 6.2 has two oil cooling lines coming out above the oil filter where the plate was mounted on the SBC 350. The 6.2 motor is also missing the other boss where the plate mounts.

I will be using one of those if I ever do a BBC/3035a again!
    "We are here for the meeting!"

Quote Originally Posted by sermis View Post
    I would like to see how the mechanical linkage is set up. The 6.2 has two oil cooling lines coming out above the oil filter where the plate was mounted on the SBC 350. The 6.2 motor is also missing the other boss where the plate mounts.
    I cobbed up a plate that spans the ball stud location on the bellhousing (SM465) and the one on my old 6.2 block. Then added a tab that mounts the stock 715 ball stud for the z-bar. The HMMWV block I just installed didn't have a ball stud boss, so I modified my goofy plate with a piece of 1" angle that catches a tapped hole in the back of the head to stabilize it. It's a bit complicated, ugly, and not quite "right" yet, but it works.

Not sure if I took a pic of it...