Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Shipping m715

Well their you have it, "A truck load of options", pun intended. On the more serious side Howie, welcome to the #1 M715 site. We all love to hear these stories of truck finds and bringing them home. As was said earlier, take lots of photo's. Can't remember your first post, is the truck being given to you free of charge? Might have some bearing on getting home.
    militarypotts Spec/4 Military Police, Vietnam Era, "Does the noise in my head bother you? Welcome to the Twilight Zone!"

Oh yea she's got a 350 all rite. Keep an eye on the transfer and hammer down, So do you think I should even try to figure MPG. I'm thinking that smiles per gallon will be off the charts!

Not free but a good family deal. I think shipping is the way to go but the thought of driving it is really exciting !

I did both... My wife and I flew into Texas and drove our truck up to Portland OR. We averaged 11mpg with a 351 on 37s (we did make 17mpg on one tank- dropping 3000ft out of the Cascades!), and were grateful for the Jerry cans more than once. I think it took us 5 leisurely days.

I then had Drftco Transport haul it the rest of the way up to Alaska. He charged $1800, which was only a little above what the fuel to drive would've run me.