Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011

Thread: My '68 M715 Build Progress Page

When I pulled the radiator to get mine running (!), I had occasion to check the steering box oil level. None was visible at the filler plug, so I got the gear oil jug and started squeezing. I lot went in there. I think it was basically empty.

Good work, interesting reading, Brian. Keep it coming.

Nice, Brian-- I love a good field expedient!

That’s some out the (glove) box thinking!! Wahwah pun!

Brian, if you're going for utility over authenticity with this truck, may I suggest you break up that forest green with some high-visibility stripes, reflector tape, or the like? I've been in several near misses, and at least one accident attributable to not being seen while driving an OD or camo vehicle.

Add to that lack of visibility a driving public distracted by cell phones, and the odds get even worse for being seen when it counts the most.

I bring my security solution for everyone.
    If you drive military vehicles, it will happen to you sooner or later.
    The drivers brains are not formatted to see the invisible.
    Yes, O.D is invisible.
    Make the original electrical circuit and turn on the headlights each time.
    I haven't had this problem since 2009.
    Last edited by Frédéric; April 16th, 2020 at 07:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by plumas.placer.miner View Post
    I want to work on my truck but I can't. I need to do this and a few more projects first. I have never done this before.

Nice, Brian! I've done quite a bit of tile work, and some (Robinson Rock) masonry work and had fun doing it.