Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: So I need front bumper build ideas

I mounted my winch kind of in between where you guys mounted yours. Frankly, wish I'd moved the bumper a little further out and given the winch more room. About where Burritoboi's is.
    It's a Harbor Freight 12k with 100' of cable. If I"m spooling it up nice and neat and guiding the cable in then it fits all tidy and there is JUST enough room for the cable. But you can't do that under a real load. Then it bunches up here and there, rubs on the bumper and front fascia and makes a terrible racket.
    I trimmed the fascia down when I installed it but not enough I guess. While I have the front clip off I'm going to trim it up some more.

Von I get what you are saying.
    Everything is a compromise.
    That and every time I fabricate something I come up with a better more elegant solution but no desire to rip out what I just did

Hindsight is 20/20 you know.

Paul
    1967 M715 7.3 diesel 5spd ...

Quote Originally Posted by 12998 View Post
    Von I get what you are saying.
    Everything is a compromise.
    That and every time I fabricate something I come up with a better more elegant solution but no desire to rip out what I just did

Hindsight is 20/20 you know.

Paul
    LOL!! Sure do. Don't know how many times I've said "Meh. I'll get it next time around."
    Putting it back together and now doing a lot of "Okay, let's do it this way this time." I think this will be my last engine/trans swap for a while so wanna catch as many of those issues as I can this time around.

Quote Originally Posted by Von View Post
    LOL!! Sure do. Don't know how many times I've said "Meh. I'll get it next time around."
    Putting it back together and now doing a lot of "Okay, let's do it this way this time." I think this will be my last engine/trans swap for a while so wanna catch as many of those issues as I can this time around.
    Haha I put my truck together initially in 2009ish over the course of 2 months. Drove it for 2-3 years, then it sat for a bit and I decided to tear it apart again upon which is sat for a LONG time ~4 years. Now I am doing exactly what you guys are talking about going back and changing things and making them the way I think they should have been. Even still theres always going to be changes I want to make in the future, just the nature of the beast I guess.

projects never end ...
    1967 M715 7.3 diesel 5spd ...