Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Second Iteration

Only had an hour or so today, but managed to get the front springs pulled on the kaiser. New bushings should be in tomorrow so depending on how motivated I am they will get pressed in or I'll just drop them at the local spring shop and let them deal with it. Still have to get one shackle out, everthing else came out without torches or cutting so I just left it until I am more motivated to go fight it.

Injectors and tabs from ballistic showed up yesterday. Was busy today dragging home yet another project and one with lots of expensive complicated systems at that...

Dropped off the springs to have the new bushings pressed in and had some new front U bolts made up as well. Tomorrow I'm planning to install injectors, as well as turbo/exhaust all that good stuff.

You inspired me.

Look what I brought home.

Very nice. What are the plans for the Wagoneer?

Nice Wagoneer. What is the history on it? It looks very clean like it came from the south where they don't use salt.

It's from VT originally. I don't want to thread jack so I'll start a new one if you guys want details.

Quote Originally Posted by sxp View Post
    It's from VT originally. I don't want to thread jack so I'll start a new one if you guys want details.
    Please do.

Haha very nice, I don't mind the threadjack seeing as that mine is progressing ever so slowly.

As far as the Kaiser goes I'm still waiting on front spring bushings.... Then I'll get it rolling again and start some fab work. I ended up buying some liquid filled motor mounts and a few other goodies. Also put the injectors in and have the motor buttoned up for transport to my buddies shop where my welder is.

In the meantime I bought another project that I need to put some time into.

My buddies wagoneer though is a roller and making good progress. Braking system is all set, new steering box and what not. Just needs the column and dash put together and then we can run it a bit and start cleaning/prepping the frame and undercarriage for a proper coating.

I made a trip out to PA for him a week or two ago and snagged its new heart.

P-Pump 4bt with low mount turbo and the works, full frame cutout from a Grummans. Runs nice and is clean. The eaton adapter on this will be going in my buddies second gen with a 6 speeed and the wagoneer will get an a518 or something similiar.

Ok so it's been a while and I apologize, but other projects my own as well as my friends' have gotten in the way of progress. In any case, I brought the kaiser to my buddies shop where my welder/plasma cutter are and started in on some motor mounts today and yesterday.

New liquid filled mounts tacked in

Finish welded and gusseted

The angle looks more severe than it is, in reality it's only 1/4in of slope over a 5.5in run

The engine hoist of course broke so we I had to use the LULL

I used the stock 2nd gen style motor mounts and added the tab as well as two gussets.

Here it is from the rear of the truck

Both frame side mounting pads are gusseted on the front as shown here

Sitting on its own weight

All the mounts were made from 3/8 plate steel, lock washers used of course. They will be coming out again to smooth some of the corners and edges as well as prep the entire frame for paint. Tomorrow I would like to start in on the torsion brace for lack of a better term as well as the transfercase mount.

When I was living in Vermont, I couldn't find anything good like what you got ! Guess they started growing after I left!