Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Canadian Project M715... Eh!

Quote Originally Posted by Scassidy View Post
    One of my other big questions that I haven't found much about is the steering box... What have you guys done for an upgrade?
    A P/S box off a J-series Jeep will bolt on with minor fabrication, have to drill a hole and weld in a section of tube for the 4th bolt on the P/S box. For the column you can use the existing one with some aftermarket parts from Borgeson. There is a thread on here somewhere on it.

My "repair" to my truck was to take off the power steering box that had been installed and replace it with an NOS stock steering box and also NOS steering column shaft. All of the slop is now gone and really, these trucks are not hard to steer if you get moving even just a little.

Just my 2₵ though...

Quote Originally Posted by glenn View Post
    A P/S box off a J-series Jeep will bolt on with minor fabrication, have to drill a hole and weld in a section of tube for the 4th bolt on the P/S box. For the column you can use the existing one with some aftermarket parts from Borgeson. There is a thread on here somewhere on it.
    That's the proper way to do it. Most people just use the existing three holes.

Thanks guys! I'm sure I'll have tons more questions when I tear into it... I should be really close to rolling it into the shop after this weekend. The dirt oval racer is getting close to being done!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That roll cage should certainly get the job done should it be call into service. However, I hope you never find out how great of a job you did!

Nice...

Nice to have another M715 in Canada !!! Look identical to mine when imported ... same red orange color inside out.
    Rockwells / Cummins / 3053A
    Combat wheels on 395 XML
    M104A1 trailer

And I just looked at the pictures above, NO HEATER!!! My truck never had a heater either.

Quite the roll cage you put together. Nicely done.
    militarypotts Spec/4 Military Police, Vietnam Era, "Does the noise in my head bother you? Welcome to the Twilight Zone!"

OK, the race car is done. The M715 has a new home until it's done...

I designed and ordered laser cuts for the front bumper this week. I'll be sure to post a few pics when I get it welded up.

I've started on the design for the rear bumper and tailgate (my truck didn't come with one). I've found lots of good pics on the interweb. I'm not going to copy the original exactly, but want to give it the same feel. If anyone has any experience in making their own tailgate, feel free to chime in!

Thanks!

OK Guys. I spent the summer looking for parts. I've got a Chevy 350 small block, 4spd standard, NP205, GM Dana 60 front (DRW plus hubs and studs to convert to SRW) with linkages and steering box, and a 14 bolt 10.5" corporate for the rear.

It's go time this winter!

Quick question. I was originally going to convert the DRW front axle to a SRW, but started thinking... Has anyone ever used/seen an M715 on GM 1 ton dually wheels? With the wider DRW 60 front and narrower 14 bolt in the rear the spacing on the rims seems like it might work out really nice? Id run the front rims dish out, and the rear rims dish in just like a semi (but only single tires on the back)...

What do you guys think?