Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Spare Wheel Holder Question

Default Spare Wheel Holder Question

I stopped to check out the 725 at the VFW just north of here, in Berthoud the other day. It is a pristine truck, and while taking it all in, checklisting items on my 715, I noticed the spare wheel underneath the back, and the rack holding it, and got to wondering whether this was common to the 715, also.

It looks like it would fit, but I'm not absolutely sure. Would it? I got real tired of a wheel taking up space in the bed of my M37.

Thanks for any help.

This is a good question as i have some torn away sections of my frame crossmember that only point towards where a tire rack would have been mounted. Anyone have pics of one?

The M715, M725 and M726 have the wheel underneath. I think the wheel is inside the rear compartment on the M724 maintenance truck.

Scott
    '67 M715 '67 M725 '69 M726 (x2)

"it's cheap and you get all you can shove in your pie-hole" --Kozmo 12-10-13

Here is the link to the online manual that has a picture of the spare tire mounted in a M715.

http://www.m715zone.com/vb/view.php?pg=24_m715_body

Thanks, everyone.

Looks like another part has been added to the Needs List.

The M724 has the fuel tank where the spare tire would normally be.

Repairs made

Correct lug wrench and jack
    Last edited by jeepdan; September 25th, 2016 at 09:41 AM.

That looks like a real balancing act to me, a gateway to LOTS of frustration.

Quote Originally Posted by Nailhead View Post
    That looks like a real balancing act to me, a gateway to LOTS of frustration.
    LOL My thoughts also.
    But,it's not quite as bad as it looks, once you get the tire slid (wrestled) up onto the carrier.
    The tire iron gives a lot of leverage to assist lifting the whole mess up to hook onto the bolt. Tire iron MUST be inserted into socket before placing tire.

Still sucks, but I could never lift a tire/wheel up into the bed as an alternative.

That is a gorgeous truck.