Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: M725 sale price on E-bay: Vietnam vs. US truck

Default M725 sale price on E-bay: Vietnam vs. US truck

I watched this relatively original looking 1968 M725 auction on e-bay recently (as I have others over the years) and was semi shocked when the bids rolled up to its final sale price of just under $17k. I know that a bidding war can cause this, but wondering if the sellers claim that this ambulance was actually in country at Vietnam Bien Hoa Airbase might account for the price that was triple what I would have guessed it would be. The sellers pics include a shot of the dash where "Bien Hoa 1968-1969" was magic markered on the dash, but no other documentation was offered in the brief auction text.

Curious if the M715 historians out there might know how many M715 vehicles actually came back from Vietnam once deployed there and if that designation makes them more valuable to collectors?

Here is the link. The auction closed yesterday.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jeep-/322800...vip=true&rt=nc
    1969 M725 ambulance

Quote Originally Posted by brycer1968 View Post
    [SNIP]
    Curious if the M715 historians out there might know how many M715 vehicles actually came back from Vietnam once deployed there and if that designation makes them more valuable to collectors?
    I really curious about this as well!

I do know that all these older trucks are really gaining popularity right now. I think a lot of this is due to Power Nation's project Lock-Jaw...

I am not 100% sure but I don't think many if any 715 series of trucks went to Vietnam. I was in then and I saw them stateside and many went to Europe. Maybe some guys who were in country can answer but I think it was asked before and I don't remember the answers.
    SFC, HQ,129th Sig Co, PAARNG, Vietnam Era

pig in a poke.

Don't know about the M725 ambulances, but there are a few pictures in the Active Duty Gallery of M715 trucks in Vietnam.

"most" in country vehicle support was provided by M37's as the military sent the 'old' m37's overseas to combat zones while m715's were much more popular in deployment to European bases.

There are pictures of 715 variants in Vietnam... but rare....

M37 pictures in Vietnam are plentiful.
    67' M715/5.9 Cummins/ZF5/NP205

We sent a vast amount of vehicles to the South Vietnamese government. I have trouble believing any of them were ever brought back stateside. That wasn't the objective at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by venominjected View Post
    "most" in country vehicle support was provided by M37's as the military sent the 'old' m37's overseas to combat zones while m715's were much more popular in deployment to European bases.

There are pictures of 715 variants in Vietnam... but rare....

M37 pictures in Vietnam are plentiful.
    I agree. We turned in our M-37's and M-38 series and got M-715's and M-151's in exchange. The older trucks were being sent to 'nam never to return.
    SFC, HQ,129th Sig Co, PAARNG, Vietnam Era

I saw the also and had to laugh. Seeing as it was once owned by a VFW, I would more than bet that some vet at a parade somewhere scribbled Bien Hoa 67-68 on the dash with a marker to show when "he" was in country, not the ambulance. That doesn't mean that some M725's didn't make it to Vietnam and their is a pic here on the Zone showing one on a base there and there was just a story in Military Vehicles Magazine about a M725 that was restored and they found out that one of the guys rode in the back of it injured in Vietnam. But I'm sure the one on ebay was most likely never at Bien Hoa in 67' and 68'.
    Dave
    Delta Team Decals: http://www.deltateamdecals.com/

M715/M725's made the trip to Vietnam/southeast asia. There is a zoner in Bangkok Seriously doubt that any were shipped back for military. Without proof (pictures or documentation) it's just a story. nothing more.