Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cat Diesel

Hi Diesal fans, I am running a 6.9 FORD,It wasen't bad to fit, But I did have to keep it high in the engine room do to the starter being on the front shaft side.(I broke one starter off and bent my shaft on another ocaision,had to make a new adapter that goes between the engine an tranny which holds the starter then I added some over load bumpers to limit the front end from going too far up.)

After doing a little more looking at diesel engines I think that a John Deere 4.5 PowerTeck would do the trick. It looks like it would fit nicely with the space that I have.

Hey Captain Morgan,
    I've got a 3208 non turbo in my deuce truck and the exhaust seems to be pretty wet. I had an old salt tell me to be careful that the injector tips are burnt and it's over fueling. It's either a 210 or 225hp motor with the 1160 front cover and the inline 8 injector pump. I've not had it out on the road to really heat up and burn out the exhaust...do you think the frequent starts and not much road time could be the source for the wet exhaust? It runs right to the governor and pulls real strong when warmed up. I've got an engine manual and could probably change the injectors if I had to but I'd like to get you're advice on it before hand.
    Big Blocks RULE!

Default M880s.....whats the scoop?

I am farley new with diesel engines and dont know a whole lot yet, and I have little experience with them. I would take a look at the injectors though. If the tips are burnt they are probably not spraying well and not all of the fuel is being burned. If that is the case fixing them should help with the exhaust and should give you more power. That is my guess, but you may want to check with 50cal and see what he has to say.

Oops, that's who I meant. Sorry Cap'n. YO FIVE O'!...Anything?
    Big Blocks RULE!

Doesn't cat offer a 4cyl based on the 3116 6cyl? if so this might work.