Thread: Post Count

Default Post Count

How come some members got post count friendly and others did not?
    I had 200+ on the P-zone non-transferable but some did.

my understanding is that BS forum posts don't count towards the total, but did on the old board.

The majority of my posts were in General, mostly help topics. Did'nt use the B.S. much if any on the P.
    Last edited by vrod02; April 2nd, 2007 at 09:23 PM. Reason: spellin AGAIN!

Was this it? http://m715zone.proboards102.com/ind...ead=1166735399. To be honest, I was kinda confused as to what was getting merged to this Zone, plus my name wasn't on the list, so I didn't do anything, lol. I signed up with a new account on this Zone. What few posts I had on the P-Zone I was not concerned with carrying them over to here. So I don't know if this is why some people have carried over points or not, but it could be. Looks like you had 213 posts on the P-Zone. I'm sure someone could tack those on to your current post count.
    68 M-715
    67 M-725

Nothing on the Temp Zone transfers to this version.

The Post Nuke version of the Zone crashed a year ago. The last back up available was in May 2004. That is why if you look to the begining threads of the tech forums, you will see post from 2004 and then they skip to January 2007.

Those of us with high post counts were on the Post Nuke version of the Zone and had made most of our post numbers between 23 DEC 03 and May 04. Look back to the begining of the Open, Stock, Modified or other Tech forums. You will see that Jon, Doug, Bump, DP, Tacoma, Rich and others participated in just about every thread still there.

Think about who post in tech and little in bs stuff.

Matter of fact, I can remember the PK version had a way to look up who the post leaders were. BS post counted on that version. At some point in 2004, I was number 8 with 1300 or so. The ones above me were at least 1000 higher. Rich, Compex, made a post about how he wanted to be #8 when he hit 1000. He started making threads where he answered himself with one word post for pages and pages in the middle of the night. Then others started joining in.

It just proved again that post counts are not an indication of how valuable a member is or how much they actually contribute. (This is not a slam at Rich. I thought it was funny then and still do now.) Look at DocV and Palerider. They have very low post counts because they live in the Bs section. But, they contribute greatly to the Zone historically and morally. There are many others like them.

The one thing to remember is why the Zone is here. "Where M715's have a loving home." Says it pretty well. We are not trying to be the technology leaders of the internet nor would we ever want to be. The Zone provides a fast, effective way to talk about our hobby and common interest. The little things like post counts, edit times, signature lines and such are really just that, little things.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

Exellent explanation Barrman!

Yep on all counts.
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

And besides, it's a happy place!

DocV
    (Heading back to the BS Board)
    Book of Armaments 4:16-20