Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Resuscitation

Default Resuscitation

One of my corona projects is to get the M715 back on the road.

Hasn't been driven since 2015 when I had cataract surgery, then poked my eye out, then built a house. During that same time, my mom made 3 moves to various levels of assisted living. My in-laws downsized from a 3k foot house to assisted living for one and skilled care for the other. Last time it was even started was probably 2016 (at which time it blew a liquid propane line).

Started on it today. Gave it a good shot of engine cleaner/degreaser under the hood, and hosed it down. I won Round 1 with the wasps under the hood. Forgot to move slow and pause (junkyard rule #1) when I opened the drinker's door, and got popped on the elbow and back of the head. Defeated in Round 2. I then did the "nuclear option" on the whole truck with 2 cans of wasp killer. I'll probably pressure wash the whole truck tomorrow, including inside and underneath, to catch any stragglers.

I plan to pull the plugs and fog oil in the cylinders, maybe pull the dizzy and spin on the oil pump to get it pushing some oil, and go from there.

Hopefully have some progress to report soon.
    Last edited by kaiser715; July 3rd, 2020 at 07:42 PM.
    DP

Man invented the slowest form of transportation - the sailboat, Then decided to race them.

Look forward to the progress report, happy 4th.

Defeated Person,
    Time to get the truck on the road...or...off road on the trails!!!!
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

Following along also. Post a picture or two when you can. And I bet it feels good to get after that.

Staying tuned.

Get ya some Kaiser!

Wow! I'm looking forward to this. Yup, I'll stay tuned.

I'm afraid to report no progress this week. Other projects in the shop, problems at my mom's house, and my doc decided that I am this month's cash cow.

Maybe get some fire in it next week....
    DP

Man invented the slowest form of transportation - the sailboat, Then decided to race them.

Good news: IT'S ALIVE

Fired it off today. Dribbled a little gas down the throat, and it fired right up. I forgot how dang good it sounds. Got to get the fuel system cleaned up and worked out. Tank was dry, so don't have a bunch of gummy varnish to deal with, at least. I stole the fuel pump off of it a few months ago, and it's nowhere to be found now, so will probably have to get another one. It's running dual fuel now, gasoline/LP, and I am most likely going to pull the propane stuff off and keep it simple.

Starter sounds like crap....probably going to have to get another.

Also pulled out the pressure washer and gave it a once over (and underneath). Hopefully the wasps will move on.
    Last edited by kaiser715; July 17th, 2020 at 05:49 PM.
    DP

Great success!