Thread: Spring over and shackle flip revisited.

Default Spring over and shackle flip revisited.

Ok. So I've read and read and looked at pictures but I'm still not sure.

On the rear, am I just flipping the rear shackle over or am I modifying the front pivot point too? In some posts it looks like the front mount has been drilled out and moved too.

The front, which 2 leaves are you taking out?

It has been years since I have done this but the typical way to provide maximum lift with stock components is to drill out the 4 rivets on the front mounts, of the rear spring, and then turn it over. That combined with inverting the rear shackle, again on the rear leaf springs, will supply a significant amount of lift and keep the springs pretty well in check with all the angles.

hope it helps. I'm sure others will chime in.

If you just do the rear part of the flip then the spring has quite a bit of angle in relation to the frame and would require redoing the spring perches to get the right pinion angle. When you do the front it pretty much makes it perfect. Also doing both will give you the same lift as the springover for the front.

I pulled the 2nd and 3rd from the bottom on the front when I did the spring over on the front.

hope this helps

Paul
    1967 M715 7.3 diesel 5spd ...

Quote Originally Posted by Seven View Post
    It has been years since I have done this but the typical way to provide maximum lift with stock components is to drill out the 4 rivets on the front mounts, of the rear spring, and then turn it over. That combined with inverting the rear shackle, again on the rear leaf springs, will supply a significant amount of lift and keep the springs pretty well in check with all the angles.

hope it helps. I'm sure others will chime in.
    That you sir. Yes it does

Quote Originally Posted by 12998 View Post
    If you just do the rear part of the flip then the spring has quite a bit of angle in relation to the frame and would require redoing the spring perches to get the right pinion angle. When you do the front it pretty much makes it perfect. Also doing both will give you the same lift as the springover for the front.

I pulled the 2nd and 3rd from the bottom on the front when I did the spring over on the front.

hope this helps

Paul

Yep! Exactly the information I needed. Thanks a lot

Default Brake lines

If i remember correctly you will have to lengthen the brake lines when you do the front and rear spring and shackel flip