Thread: Civy intake and carb questions

Default Civy intake and carb questions

So I've been looking around on the zone trying to piece together what I'm really going to need to do to switch over to the civy intake and 2bbl carb. There isn't one thread that puts all the info into one place...so from the sounds of it other than the intake and carb I'll need to...
    1. either tap the intake for the temp sending unit or put a T in.
    2.find a new air cleaner type or cut and weld the bottom of an astro (year? ) into stock air cleaner.
    3. Adjust or reroute throttle linkage.
    4. Maybe a longer choke cable.
    Does that sound about like everything? Anyone that has done this have any tips or pointers for doing this swap?

This is exactly what I'm going to do. I know it's been a few years since you posted this but I am curious what you did.
    Thanks
    Linus

Throttle cable will work...just reposition it..its kind of obvious when you get there...maybe I still have a pic...
    I used a tee for the coolant line...thats pretty easy too...I have heard others drilled out and tapped the boss...it would be a cleaner install...
    Choke cable was fine.
    Air cleaner...you have a lot of choices...I went with one of the below...plenty of hood clearance AND plenty of air flow:

Its called: Pro-Flo 1000 Series Chrome Air Cleaner with Foam Element with 5-1/8" Air Horn

Let me look here and see if I still have pics of the installed linkage...
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Couple more to help:

Default Thank you!

Much appreciated. I purchased my first m715 a few weeks ago. Previously been a muscle car guy but couldn't resist owning this truck. This forum has been a great resource for me. Thanks again.

No problem...glad to help...thats why we are here!!

Quick question. Where are you running your vacuum line from the back of the carb to?

Unfortunately, there is no ported vacuum on the M715 so I ran it to direct vacuum...same as the stock distributor lines...just tee'd into those.