Thread: Heater wiring

Default Heater wiring

Just thought I'd as if there was a heater wiring diagram for the stock heater wiring. I have a FSJ heater box, plenum, fan, and need to know the wiring schematic for hooking it up to a factory style toggle switch, low, high. I'll try to search the manuals, any information would be greatly appreciated.

Only one wire is used to operate the heater, it used one fan speed. The wire is around the ign. switch, maybe number 85 or someting like that. For more speeds you would need a multi speed switch an a resistor and make you own wiring between the 85 wire and the fan motor.
    68 M-715 MVPA #2710

Yep -- George has it right again!!

Here is a wiring diagram showing the switch and the resistor block.

http://oljeep.com/gw/elec/86/86_FSJ_...ramPage3-4.gif

My stock heater has low and high...it is an NOS heater. The switch has the resistor with it so that there is just 1 wire to the blower motor and 12 volts to the switch, but the switch internally is dropping some of the voltage to when on low.

No complicated wiring but I dont know if that type switch is readily available elsewhere.

That is for the military heater.

The civvy heater has the resistor on the under hood box with the heater core inside...next to the blower motor...I used to have that setup and went to the mil one.

My wagoneer is intact enough to trace the wiring locations for the civy resistor thingy. I'll find the answers before I come up next.
    Liz, covid, murdered 10/19/21