Thread: rumplecat : Time for Cab Canvas!

Default rumplecat : Time for Cab Canvas!

Time for Cab Canvas!
    Post by rumplecat on Jun 7, 2006, 6:23am

I know their was a great thread on cab canvas options a month or so ago but I can't find it, it had photos and everything. Anyway I need to order a cab top for my '67, I am thinking tan with as much air flow as possible, it's hot in Arkansas. Anyone have a good looking top that is cool in more than one way??????
    THanks,
    James G.

Default elwenil :

Re: Time for Cab Canvas!
    Post by elwenil on Jun 7, 2006, 7:23am

A zip out back window, ala M37, is about the only real option. You can get larger rear windows and really just about anything you can think of and afford. I know one of the guys got a flap to cover the rear window to keep headlights out at night. Might try Beachwood Canvas since New Life seems to be backed up several months.

Default binfordm715 :

Post by binfordm715 on Jun 7, 2006, 11:10am

Yeah, I got the "black-out curtain" flap that I can let down to cover the back window, and I got the M37-style roll-up back. I think only New Life makes those options though. Not sure. And I'm not sure tan is an option with New Life.

You could always call Judith and see if she'll take another order for a way-out delivery. Couldn't hurt....

Default elwenil :

Post by elwenil on Jun 7, 2006, 12:15pm

All the top 3 (New Life, Beachwood, WeeBee) guys I talked to back when I got my top would do the M37 back window deal.

Default over2land :

Post by over2land on Jun 7, 2006, 4:39pm

When I got mine with the M37 style window, I talked to Beachwood, as they were local to me, and I'd used them for my 2As in the past and liked their work.

IIRC, it was going to end up around 500 bucks for the top with the larger window, and rollupability. But then, I had to explain to them what I wanted and why... maybe now the prices are down some?

Default k8icu :

Post by k8icu on Jun 8, 2006, 7:41am

I think you all mean the M35 style window as it is duce and a halfs that have the roll up back windown not M37s . An M37 is the dodge that the M715 replaced and it has the same small oval window that the M715 has. The M35 6X6 trucks have the rear window/canvas area that rolls up.

Just wanted to point that out....

Default elwenil :

Post by elwenil on Jun 8, 2006, 10:19am

I was under the impression that the M37s had the window like that also. I know I have seen pics of them, but they may just be custom tops. For those interested here is Beachwood Canvas Works' web addy: http://www.beachwoodcanvas.com They have a online PDF catalog and pricelist, but it's best to give him a call. Great guy to deal with.