Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wire tags

Default Wire tags

Honestly, I looked, couldn't find it. Isn't there a list of what all the aluminum wire tags mean? I have a harness that has numbers on it, but the light housing pigtail has different numbers. I know it came apart from eachother, so now I have to decipher how to get it back together. This is not from a 715, but will be used for lights to flat tow it with. I was unsure if I should post here or in "other military trucks" but it might help someone with wiring issues.
    "We are here for the meeting!"

here is the list of wire numbers http://www.olive-drab.com/od_mseries_circuits.php3
    68 M-715 MVPA #2710

Thats it! Thank you much.

Not all the wires on the 5 ton or Duece have the same numbers on both sides of the big plug under the drivers seat. The ones between the firewall mounted breakers and under the dash seem to not fit any list I have ever seen sometimes too.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

I got it back together. Everything is working 'cept for the brake lights, and I suspect that is a ground issue. Markers, turn, and hazards are good.

If you have all the bulbs working I wouldnt expect a ground prob. It may be a bad or unhooked brake light switch, or wire from the brake switch to the t/s switch. The fact that everything else works confirms the rest of the circuit is ok
    68 M-715 MVPA #2710

Is this on the wrecker or one of the Dueces. The wrecker has the brake light wire behind the big plug, back by the t-case is why I ask.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

I am using a pair of trailer lights to make a "signal bar" to put on a towed vehicle. I have been testing this off the back of the M109, but it should inter-change with any truck. I had to stop as I did not have a "soldier B" to tell me if the deuce's brake lights were working and I did not think to bring out a mirror till it was too late. So basicly, this will be plugged into the trailer plug at the back of any M-series truck. I will try to get pics tonight.

I am collecting the parts to make one of those myself. Should make flat towing a lot better.

Since the turn signals and hazards work -- this means the grounds, wires and bulbs are good because the same two circuits (wires) are used for brake lights unless it's cobbled-up in some way.

I assume you have the solid-state flasher since you have hazards – correct?

Do you have a three-lever switch?

If it is wired like the M715 with a three-lever switch, we can determine if the problem is in the signal coming to the column switch by doing the following.

Disconnect the connecter from the switch on the column

If you have a three lever switch --place it in Service Drive.

You should have power at pin G of the connecter at the switch on the column. I suspect you do since the turns and hazard work

Step on the brake and see if you have power at pin D of the connecter at the switch on the column.

If there IS power at pin D with the brake pressed – the problem is in the turn switch.

If pin D is DEAD with the brake pressed, then there are two possibilities where the problem might be. 1) the three lever switch or 2) the brake light switch

We can go from here.