Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why would Jeep Do This?

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

Not sure about the width, but I can say I have never seen a set of door/window wipers that ever truly sealed against the glass very well. Just be sure to keep the door drain holes clear in the bottom.
    "Free advice is worth what you pay for it."™

I have a 69 waggie, a 70 waggie, a, 69 M715 and a new set of BJ's door wipes in the shop. I will check tomorrow when I get a minute. I believe it's a slam dunk. I will make sure before I say for sure.
    Liz, covid, murdered 10/19/21

I went to Bj's site, and he sells aftermarket and OEM, are the aftermarket inferior? they are half the price, if the civvy ones are the same as the m715, I will buy a set, just dont want to buy the less expensive ones, than the oem ones.

Duane

BJ's products will work fine. Both sides. There might be a tiny little cut needed down at the end where the glass transitions to the metal frame. The wipe extends 1/2 past glass and lays on the metal frame. A simple relief cut and it would be perfect.

how much shorter is the BJ's one compared to the original? when the window is up, does it seal all the way acroos to keep the water out? I see that it is a little shorter in the pic, and was trying to figure out if it will still seal all the way?

Duane

Thats the chrome bead sticking back further. I saw it was shorter. I can take another picture tomorrow to try and answer your question with a little better detail.

great thanks

Duane

OK here is the long and the short of it...

They fit the waggie great.

The m715 has a longer one like stated earlier. Note: I did not snap the new one in place. I wanted it back.

The front end.

Outside on the seat.

I am sizing up Mikes weatherstrip. I think I can restore it. The clips are good. Clean up the bead with some 24087 and I believe I can locate rubber for it. I will be looking into it. If it is possible to do a sanitary long lasting resto you guys better try to save your old stuff. As long as the clips are good and it is not kinked, save it.

It's almost warm enough to put some more paint on that green machine out there. summers coming.

Always clear your door drains. The doors even on the waggies leak inside with the better seals. Clean and coat the insides of all the door lowers with a sealing paint..
    It will last longer and do what it is supposed to. The M715 doors will always leak. Look at the construction. The best approach is good seals but what really matters is the inside coating on the door. Makes for a great weekend project.
    Last edited by Kaiserjeeps; January 31st, 2010 at 03:39 PM.

I have been able to remove the worn out rubber from an original weatherstrip. If I can find the right replacement it just might be restorable. I need longer days.

as I put in the other topic on this, I bought the outer set from memphis and they are exactly like the stock ones, same length, same clip location. so for 12.00 a piece, I would jump on them, I bought 2 sets just to have a spare.

Duane