Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: binfordm715 : Door seal

Default bulldawg67 :

Re: Door seal
    Post by bulldawg67 on Aug 13, 2006, 10:07pm

I am repainting my doors I need door seals, window rubber, etc. JC whitney had some universal wheatherstripping but could not tell if that was the same for jeep truck or M715. The pictures or site was nt very helpful.

Default binfordm715 :

Post by binfordm715 on Aug 13, 2006, 10:10pm

Quote:
    Got a new door seal from VPW. They glue on instead of snap on - VPW said it would cost 4 times as much if the 'spring and clips' were used to manufacture them.

Shape the same as the stock M715? They kind of flatten out at the top on our trucks.

Default fsjguy :

Post by fsjguy on Aug 14, 2006, 1:00pm

If you use the "pre-cut" FSJ door seals, you will need the seal from one front and one rear door to make it all the way around, due to the civvy front door having an angled window frame. You need part of the rear door seal to completely go around the mil. frame on a 715. I dunno about the 725's. If you buy the universal stuff, it's just one long roll, not cut to fit. Cut it @ a 45 degree angle and you've got instant square corners. You will most likely have to re-adjust your doors due to the tighter fit.

Default vam715 :

Post by vam715 on Aug 15, 2006, 2:44pm

Just a throw out offer, I make and sell a multitude if door seals. My truck never had the seal on the door, but I know thats where it goes. Mine has the seal on the cab flange.The trucks that I have seen with the original have small holes with plastic pins sticking out to anchor it to the door. I can probable produce this for us if any body can come up with a "good" sample piece. Tooling is cheap and between all of us who need it, I know it would be fairly inexpensive for me to run a batch. If someone has a sample they want to part with, I'd be glad to work on it. I also would love to get my hands on a sample of the rubber part around the door catch assembly. That is molded, but I have never found a "good" one to produce a good mold from.

VaM715
    Loren Bruffey Jr
    President
    Cardinal Rubber and Seal, Inc
    1545 Brownlee Ave
    Roanoke, VA 24014
    800-542-5737

Default brute4c :

Post by brute4c on Aug 15, 2006, 2:59pm

I'd en you one of mine off the truck...heck I can send both as you probably need both....used stock ones of course...

Which other piece is that? Must be in one of these images:

#2 in this one?

#5 in this pic is not available anywhere....
    Last edited by brute4c; December 22nd, 2009 at 03:21 PM.

Default vam715 :

Post by vam715 on Aug 15, 2006, 4:05pm

Looks like #2 in the first image. I think. I did not even know about #5 in the second. I'm gonna have to look at that when I get home!

Default brute4c :

Post by brute4c on Aug 15, 2006, 4:22pm

I can post pics of my actual ones so you can figure if they are good enough...

Default binfordm715 :

Post by binfordm715 on Aug 15, 2006, 7:20pm

Well, vam715, I wish you were wam715!

That would be fantastic if you could make up stuff like that!

Default bulldawg67 :

Post by bulldawg67 on Aug 15, 2006, 8:39pm

I have very little of the seals left but I can see if I have a good piece. Definately interested in some seals for the doors, windows, hardtop seals, and the piece between the windshield and cowl.

Default over2land :

Post by over2land on Aug 16, 2006, 1:04am

Quote:

#5 in this pic is not available anywhere....

and Barry might be the only guy with good enough ones to make a mold from.

FWIW, I know that Jeep YJ half door seals use little plastic push pins kinda, and they were still available from mopar last year. the door seal itself is manufactured with little holes in it, and the round portion of the push pin gets kinda buttonholed into the seal... and then once you've arranged all the plastic things, gets pushed into the door.

I would imagine that'd be a way more economical way of producing the thing... with little holes and plastic peices, rather than with the metal parts in it.

And, as others have said, I can look see if I've got a good enough peice for a cross section, but know for a fact I don't have a whole door seal.

Vam- if you make them, I'm in.

I was getting really close to buying YJ seals and peicing it together.