Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Finally got her on the road!

Thanks guys.

Gun deer season was good in that my son took a nice deer. This is his second, and the big smile is still priceless. I got down from my stand and helped him track it. It didnt go far.

I didnt shoot anything, but it wasnt from a lack of opportunity. With my son tagging one I dont mind being a little selective. I let quite a few pass, (some small) to prolong the season.

This last year was the busiest year at work, and the first year in over 10 that I haven't bow hunted. I never got the time to practice this year, and despite the flingarrows name, I wont hunt unprepared to make a good shot. It was a bummer sitting out bow season, but I did get the truck running.
    Thanks, George
    Joshua 24:15

Sounds like a great season to me. Iv not hunted the last 2 years only taking my daughter. Says a lot for a guy that would ask for a lay off in Oct and stay off tell broke or season went out. Same problem to busy at work not enough time to scout. She missed a doe( excited) but iv never been more proud when she watched a very nice 135+ buck walk wating on a good shot. Planing on doing some early bow this season. Freezer filling but mainly scouting for her. If she dose well maybe then I will hit it hard?

Quote Originally Posted by Flingarrows View Post

I was ready to fire it up, but the used electric fuel pump wouldnt power on, despite power to the leads
    Does the 6.2 need an electric fuel pump?

There is a mount on the pass side of the block for a mechanical pump, but the setup I bought used an electric pump. I had it plumbed for the electric, so I just replaced it with the same type of pump
    Thanks, George

Not trying to hijack George here. However, I thought this 6.2 tidbit fit.

An electric lift pump is a great idea for a 6.2. The "proper" way to change a fuel filter on a mechanical lift pump 6.2 goes like this: "Change filter, open bleeder on filter housing, remove pink wire from IP, turn engine over until only fuel comes out the bleeder, (Don't turn engine for more than 20 seconds at a time or starter damage will occur), close bleeder, hook up pink wire, try starting engine, if it doesn't start, repeat until it does."

The electric lift pump means you open the bleeder, turn on the pump, close the bleeder, start the engine.

Once running, the electric pump really isn't needed anymore if the IP and fuel lines are in good shape. Reverting the 6.2 back to only 1 wire pulling from the battery to stay running.

Back to your cool build thread now George.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

Tim, you always have good input. No fluff here, keep it coming
    Thanks, George

What radiator are you using for your 6.2? How is that shroud coming?

I used, I believe, a 28" speedway motors radiator. Shroud is about done, but I've had a few 70 hour weeks, not much time to play
    Thanks, George

YJ wipers in, I just need a switch. Still need another quart of resin to finish the fan shroud

Thanks, George

Are you running the sm465 married to the NP205 behind a 6.2 diesel? If so what is your top speed in the truck? Did you re-gear the axles?