Thread: fasteddie : Red LED dash bulbs

Default fasteddie : Red LED dash bulbs

Red LED dash bulbs
    Post by fasteddie on Nov 30, 2006, 8:10pm

Found a direct replacement red LED bulb for dash . Source ; superbrightleds.com ,pricing seemed OK , 4 LED unit bulb was$1.98 , singles were $0.98. I have aftermarket gauges except for speedo , on 12 volts . I ended up using a BA9s-R4 bayonet base bulb , this one has 4 small LEDs in base with a built in resistor . The single bulb unit is way too dull . The 4 LED bulb seems to be a tad dulled than a normal bulb but bright enough to see . As for speedo , installed 4 wide angle WLED-R single bulb units in sockets[194 bulb style] one at each of the lens openings at rear of speedo , nice & bright now .Shipping cost was at $5.00 each time but they arrived in 3 days .

Default tacomainoh :

Re: Red LED dash bulbs
    Post by tacomainoh on Nov 30, 2006, 9:01pm

COOL!!!!

I was just thinking about looking for something like that... "hmmmmmm some LED's might be cool in here...." Very timely post!

Thanks for the info!

Default squatch :

Post by squatch on Nov 30, 2006, 9:48pm

I just put red and white led lights in the interior of my bass boat resto this summer. 4 leds per housing the size of your thumbnail. Amazing amount of light. The amp draw is almost nil. (.025 milliamp per I think). could probably leave them on by accident all winter and still start up in spring. I'm thinking about using the led trailer lights as well. A little pricey but so are all those 1157's I go through when hot lamp meets cold water.

Default fasteddie :

Post by fasteddie on Dec 1, 2006, 6:55am

For the 1157 trailer bulbs , super has a 19 LED unit depending on color from $6.99 which they list as for marine applications . From what I've seen in parts stores they're less expensive .

Default fsjguy :

Post by fsjguy on Dec 1, 2006, 3:02pm

FWIW, I've never been impressed with the LED conversion 1157's. Too dim for tail light use. Might be OK in a clear lens application, however.

Default socal715 :

Post by socal715 on Dec 1, 2006, 3:20pm

I know of quite a few people that have bought from that site.. seems like a good outfit.

Thats cool you found that for the m715 dash.

Default squatch :

Post by squatch on Dec 1, 2006, 10:18pm

I'll check them out. Didn't know about conversion lamps. I was looking at full replacment trailer light set's for boat trailer. Run about $80 depending on style but supposed to be sealed and waterproof. One of the things I like about leds is no heat. That solves alot of props right there. It's alot easier to seal something that doesn't swell and contract much. Plus incandecents waste alot of electricity just making heat. Sure see alot of semi's and commercial trucks using them these days. Now if they would just male the dang things so you couldn't break them backing into things you didn't see.