Page 1 of 16 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking for a damaged or unusable canvas cab top

Default Looking for a damaged or unusable canvas cab top

I would like to find a canvas cab top to use for patterns. To make a new top. I have an upholstery sewing machine and despite being quite the amateur, I like to try and make stuff like that. I had huge success sewing up a few headliners for Kaiser wagoneer's recently. And used to make military truck seat covers. On the canvas, I don't care if it is torn, or what ever, just not shrunk up to where it will not be accurate for patterning out.
    * I want to tackle this project later this summer after catching up on spring stuff.*
    I would gladly pay shipping so it would not cost anybody anything that was willing to donate or sell one cheap. I intend to seam rip out all or some of it of it for patterns.
    I want to make a new top out of a different material. Probable black and out of boat top material. For my truck I am building.
    If you think you might have something I could work with, please PM me.
    I will pay shipping and post the project.
    Thanks!!
    KJ

I think I might have what you need. Let me look this next weekend. I thought I had a new canvas top stashed somewhere.

PM sent

I've been thinking about doing the same thing, if you do end up making a drawing any chance you could post it?

PM sent back eightyduece. Thank you.

Glenn, the only way I could do that is to not alter your top. If it is new, I could not see extracting patterns out of it by reverse engineering it. It is very possible to pattern it without any destructive activity. We are going to have to meet up soon. The wife and I are healed up and getting things done.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiserjeeps View Post
    PM sent back eightyduece. Thank you.

Glenn, the only way I could do that is to not alter your top. If it is new, I could not see extracting patterns out of it by reverse engineering it. It is very possible to pattern it without any destructive activity. We are going to have to meet up soon. The wife and I are healed up and getting things done.
    Never mind, my top is new and I would like it to stay that way for a bit.

Yeah we have to meet up soon. I'm hoping to have a M715 weekend trail ride/camping trip in NW MT in the next year or so. There is you, me, 66stepside, and a couple of members in Missoula and Helena MT. It would be cool to have a gathering of half a dozen M715s all in one spot.

Very cool. Please let me know. I am trying to fast track this project. I really should be working on my 69 X model wagoneer. I distract easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Dannygill View Post
    I've been thinking about doing the same thing, if you do end up making a drawing any chance you could post it?
    Yes I will. I missed your post being 1 minute before mine. I typically never hide how I do things. I will get after this later this summer. I do lay ground work for stuff like this. Which is why I am looking now.

Looks like I have the top situation taken care of. A big thanks to eightyduece for his help. I will post the construction of the project. Probably some time later this summer after I catch up on important stuff. Like firewood etc.

Het Kaiserjeep! It would be really nice if you could upload some detailed pics of the stitching, reinforcements, rain gutters, straps and draft flap. Some measurements would be really nice too!