Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: fuel pump doesn't pump.

Default fuel pump doesn't pump.

I have rebuilt my stock fuel pump, and no suction, I know its the pump,I DID a search and read what was there , how can you bench test a fuel pump?
    has anyone heard that if its not installed right it won't pump ,because the cam doesn't push the pump lever. I have taken it off twice, going for a third time,Going to see if theres any thing i missed, If I have to Ill buy a new one
    (W/O vacuum)I will just to get It running But since I building it stock i need the vacuum for the wipers

Default fuel pump won't pump

I had the same problem and found the shaft that is attached to the diaphram that came in the kit was about 1/2 inch longer than the one that came out of the pump. Left a lot of take up in the pump arm.

just check the shaft on a old pump compared to the (2) thats two kits that i have, and the shafts are longer on the new kits than the old pump. I shorted the shaft one of the new kits, not sure if it will hold, I quess i need to order a new kit . Thanks

here did you get the rebuild kit from? When I got my kit from www.then-now.com it was the same as my original pump.

Default What do you tell them... . .

If you order a rebuild kit from Then-and-Now, do you tell them it's for a M-715 or some other Jeep?

I think they needed to know the motor, 230 tornado, and that the fuel pump had the vacuum pump as well. But I also told them it was for the M715. As many as they have sold to zoners they probably know just what you need.

actually the civ. truck used the very same pump w/o the vac side.
    68 M-715 MVPA #2710

I ordered from then and now, Have the pump in hand , they asked for the number on the mount flange. I ordered the first rebuild kit from Saturn Surplus
    and i had another kit that was given to me and both were the same as far as lenght on the plunger shaft, Should get the kit this week , hope to rebuild the pump this weekend. I ordered the complete kit vacumn and fuel , may as well rebuild the whole pump.

I rec'ed the kit ,this is complete kit for the fuel pump and vacuum pump.
    Part # FPK CK4390 cost 47.50
    The Kit comes with parts to replace the valves and gaskets, No instructions, your on your own , It took me two tries to get it right. It pumps great now, worth the money,

To be correct, some of the civvy units were the same as the M715, with both fuel and vacuum sections...and some just had the fuel pump section.
    I know this because I have one of the vac/fuel types from the civvy Jeep I took my civvy ignition and 2 barrel carb/intake from. This was one of the smaller Universal series pickups...not a Full Size Jeep pickup or Wagoneer...maybe that is why it still had vacuum wipers as that design dated from the early 50's, not the early 60's like the FSJ's do. The Universal series production ended in 65 or so...figuring in how Jeep workedand that it was at the end of its production life, not too much difficulty to see why the Universals hadnt been changed over.

If you can find an old Mitchell interchange manual, they do list both types for the civvy ones but they just say they interchange physically, though the one is missing the vacuum. I didnt find any other application data.