Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: 1967 Kaiser Jeep M-715 6BT Build

Quote Originally Posted by md1970 View Post
    why didn't you sterilize the new axle of all the old brackets and mounts before you put it inder the m715 ?
    Floor space and its still on a floor jack dolly... Just wanted to get the leafs off the ground and one Dana 60 out of the way.

Leaf bolts (2) will get removed in 2 weeks and I'll cut away all the old stuff... Spring Under Axle perches will also show up next week.

drivers side front diff will make routing your exhaust easier with the 6bt.

Looking good, keep the pics coming!
    Yea... exhaust routing... along with the higher-offset ford axle (vs the passenger side OEM, and the kingpin passenger side GM 60)... should make oil pan clearance and exhaust routing a breeze.... (I hope)
    67' M715/5.9 Cummins/ZF5/NP205

Finished up the 3D-CAD mounts...

Modeled up ACTUAL Anchor Mount # 2710's for the cummins.... parts are now on their way to cutting steel and welding.

I'll be bolting up mounts before I ever physically put the motor between the frame rails. (wish me luck but i feel pretty confident on this one).

Enjoy

Last edited by venominjected; September 8th, 2018 at 02:10 PM.

Out with the ancient Dana 70 rear axle, drum brakes, and 5.86 ratios.....

In will be a Sterling 10.25, 4.10 Ratio w/ Limited Slip, and disc brake conversion.....

Old 70

New Sterling 10.25
    Last edited by venominjected; September 8th, 2018 at 02:10 PM.

Finished up the mock up grinding work on the Ford Dana 60 Kingpin to fit it back to "Spring Under Axle" like the original M-715...

Yes I know I lost some strength by removing some of the top gusset on the center section... I'm OK with that... as its not a rock bouncer and I'll have the SUA perch welded into the webbing to give some of it back.

Enjoy!

Last edited by venominjected; September 8th, 2018 at 02:11 PM.

Last edited by venominjected; September 8th, 2018 at 02:11 PM.

I like those spring mount pads where you get them if you don't mind me asking.
    m

Quote Originally Posted by md1970 View Post
    I like those spring mount pads where you get them if you don't mind me asking.
    m
    RuffStuff Specialties has a purpose built "Spring Under Axle" perch... I was pretty happy with it (and like everything else they do, overkill in a good way)...

Back under her own weight... on 8 lugs.... (even have the 88' F350 steering hooked up... but this is gone in the future.. just to keep the wheels square for now. (drag link angle is horrible also)
    [It will be like the OEM M715... highsteer crossover with kingpin arms]

Front is back on her own weight....(sans welding tho)... well get the engine set in.. and driveshafts made and set final pinion angle before welding in.

(NOTE: Steering linkage is the OEM 88' F350 tie rod and drag link.. this is just to keep the wheels straight.. Im returning to what the OEM m715 had... highsteer crossover)

Last edited by venominjected; September 8th, 2018 at 02:12 PM.

looks good. thanks for the info

Got the Ford Sterling 10.25 LS 4.10 rear axle in today...

The drum setup while I always intended to remove.... but now HAS to go even before final mock and tack welding... (backing plate will not allow the u bolt or plate to get mounted... Disc brake conversion en route..... but I am modern 8-lugged!

Last edited by venominjected; September 8th, 2018 at 02:12 PM.

Looking good!