Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Window Frame Photos?

Default Window Frame Photos?

My truck did not come with a top. Does anyone have extra hoops/frames?

Pretty expensive to buy. Thinking I could make some.

Can someone send me a profile photo of the window frame, where the window meets the roof hoop frame...3 in the schematic below is the whole part, I really just need to see the part the window comes in contact with.

I suspect it is just angle, with a rubber seal, but I have never seen one in person, so a photo would really help me out.

I have a spare hard top if you are looking for one....And can figure out how to get it to Colorado...
    Is that real money?

Strap it to a pallet and drop it off at Fastenal.

send me your email add. and I can send you some photos for some reason I cant here

Here are a few from the inside.

My canvas is shrunk too tight right now to unsnap to get a better picture of the outside of frame.

But anyhow, there is a sheet metal angle welded to small rectangular steel tubing that makes up the frame around the window.

It is exactly the right size to knock the sh$%@#%^ out of your head if you don't duck enough, lol! I may have one to measure for you this weekend when I get out into the garage.
    Come and take it
    Go work at joann fabrics if you can't shoot a gun

I have an extra set of both side frames and both bows.
    PM me if you are interested.

Jeepdan,

Thanks for the pictures. Very helpful. Can you roll down the window, and take one from the outside so that I can see how the window seal works?

Here is the idea. Alfa's dump M715 has a custom top, and it looks like he used the same windshield glass dimension for the rear window of his hard top. I really like that design/visibility, so I am trying to figure out how to fab a top like his, but given I don't have frames to work with, I have to figure it out. Looks like 1" square tube is the frame the angle is attached to?
    Last edited by ColoradoSpringsRob; March 8th, 2018 at 10:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoSpringsRob View Post
    Jeepdan,

Thanks for the pictures. Very helpful. Can you roll down the window, and take one from the outside so that I can see how the window seal works?

Here is the idea. Alfa's dump M715 has a custom top, and it looks like he used the same windshield glass dimension for the rear window of his hard top. I really like that design/visibility, so I am trying to figure out how to fab a top like his, but given I don't have frames to work with, I have to figure it out. Looks like 1" square tube is the frame the angle is attached to?
    Here are a few pictures that I took last year for someone else.
    I can get some measurements later today for you.

In the pic below, you can see how the weather trip continues down onto the door pillar pinch weld.

Using a ruler, the tubing looks to be 3/4"x 1 1/4" rectangle.