Okay, here is a really odd ball question, and I am really tired right now, AND on pain meds, so probably isn't the best time to be posting (that was actually more of a warning), but anyway.

I have a set of axles from my m715 that I am no longer going to be using, but, I don't think I will be able to get $500 for them (rear has a locker). Anyway, I was always pondering the idea of doing the 35 spline conversion in the front, but never really got that far, as the axle would have had to been out of my rig for at LEAST three or four months.

Anyway, now that my rig will be no more (don't worry, it wasn't an m715, it was actually just a FSJ) I will have LOTS of time to try it out.

But what I am wondering, is would there be any interest in a 35 spline converted dana 60 front end? It would have an arb or Detroit locker (probably arb, as the price between the two isn't that much), 35 spline inners and outers, but still have the m715 bolt pattern closed knuckle and drum brakes.

Price would be about $1500 or whatever I had into it (about $1500 judging by the conversion article)

The reason I ask is not because I would be looking to make money on it, but simply for the fact that if I did decide to sell it, it would be nice to know ahead of time if it was at least not a total loss.

I have read the conversion article very closely, and have asked questions of competent people (including a couple to the guy who wrote the article--don't know if he is on here or not), I would follow the conversion pretty closely, although there are a few things I would do differently

I would like to do this because I have the time, money, and would really like to get to know drivetrains better. If I did make this, it would probably go in a friend's rig or something, BUT just in case, I would really like to see if there was any interest?

Thanks, Andy