Thread: dummy : SBC Radiator hose PNs?

Default dummy : SBC Radiator hose PNs?

SBC Radiator hose PNs?
    Post by dummy on Jul 10, 2006, 8:11am

Using the stock 3-core radiator with a small block Chevy. It's nearly a 20-mile round trip to the parts store, so if anybody can throw a part number that works for the upper and lower radiator hose I'd very much appreciate it. Sort of eats up the day when you've got to make multiple trips and the old coat hanger trick never works out that well for me.

Default barrman :

Re: SBC Radiator hose PNs?
    Post by barrman on Jul 10, 2006, 8:43am

Get a flex hose with the proper end sizes and about the right length for the top. Make it work, drive the truck to a parts store that is customer friendly. Start looking through their parts rack until you find one close, walk it to the truck and see if it will work. Once you spend a long time doing this. You will have a form fitted hose that works and you can keep the flex hose as a spare under the seat.

I actually cut the stock 230 lower hose a little bit shorter to make it work with my big block Chevy. I have run the stock 230 radiator and a Summit aluminum radiator with that hose. I now have a hose I "modifed" after hours at NAPA.

Sorry I don't have part numbers, but just about any hose will work for a little while as long as you can clamp it down and it holds water.

Default 40grit :

Post by 40grit on Jul 10, 2006, 6:18pm

let me see if Whydah listed the numbers he used in the magazine article he did for Jp, he put a 350 with the stock rad, i think, and I know I got that back issue sitting on the table at home.....or maybe you can PM him and see if he'll dig thru the old paperwork...

Default fasteddie :

Post by fasteddie on Jul 10, 2006, 6:27pm

I used Gates #20874 for the upper , had to cut it down some . For the lower used Dayco #70629 , if I remeber right ,I had to trim it at the radiator end some . Both hoses fit pretty good with no interferance .

Default dummy :

Post by dummy on Jul 10, 2006, 7:30pm

fasteddie - thanks man, that's just what I needed.

I e-mailed Jeff on his blackberry. He's gonna get the PNs to me once he's back from Ultimate Adventure, but these should work.

Default compexp :

Post by compexp on Jul 11, 2006, 6:38am

I ended up using the flex on mine - had a really tight bend on the bottom even after switching to an electric fan - wouldn't hurt to pick up a set of the flex hoses while you're there - you can always return them next trip.