Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: fisherman : Transfer Case Help

Default sermis :

Re: Transfer Case Help
    Post by sermis on Jul 14, 2006, 2:43am

The PIC looks like the parts I got from Sid Beck. Don't remember the price but it was under $100.

Default fisherman :

Post by fisherman on Jul 14, 2006, 11:52am

Sermis, I looked on the old boards and didn't see anything, If you have a phone number that would be greatly appreciated. The flanged u joint yoke looks like what I need along with an adapter, I can make the adapter. Not sure what the other piece is for? Fisherman

Default fisherman :

Post by fisherman on Jul 14, 2006, 12:50pm

In the online manuals there are two ways to achieve the centered rear driveshaft. One from the kit above. Part Drum Yoke Detroit # 5360. U joint Detroit # 56325/725/825. Slip Yoke Detroit # 53610, I believe these came as a kit from VPW or some other places as well. The other method like what Wetcj did was use the Flanged Drum Yoke and make his owd adapter. Apparently both ways work. I would be happy with either. I just need to get my hands on the yoke portion at least. The u joint I could probably fine in a different listing, and the slip yoke apparently isn't really needed? Fisherman

Default saxon :

Post by saxon on Jul 14, 2006, 5:40pm

Todd, you need a spicer yolk # 2-2-329 mine (I thought was too much) was under fourty bucks, got it at drive lines N.W. in Seattle, could pick one up for you if you want. I bought a new drum flange from A.B. or memphis but yours would work just fine, you'r robing the back of the 200 anyway, and got the new yolk, machinist is going to spin down the flat surface of the drum flange to create a male alignment to the same O.D. as the factory male alignment on the yolk. Chuck up a piece of 3/8 plate about 5" in dia. spin out center of plate for fit clearance, sandwich plate between the two steel goodies and drill and tap holes. Your driveline should fit no prob. Dan

Default fisherman :

Post by fisherman on Jul 15, 2006, 12:30am

Dan if you know you can get the pieces I need I will quit my search. I've been calling everywhere and nothing yet, even called Drivelines Nw in Seattle but haven't heard back yet. Let me know, I will gladly pay if I can get the right parts. I need to get this put together as I' m waiting on this before I can begin the next phase. Thanks Agiain Fisherman

Default hiker :

Post by hiker on Jul 15, 2006, 2:49am

Fisherman, I sent you a PM.
    Robert-CA

Default saxon :

Post by saxon on Jul 15, 2006, 7:16am

Todd, I,m thinking of running the 202 also as we,ve discussed, I'll get you the yolk while here in town and well talk about a time I can come over and we can tear into your 202, t check out what has to be done and retreve the flange for modification, with your body off we can dope out the mounting process also. Dan

Default fisherman :

Post by fisherman on Jul 15, 2006, 12:47pm

Keep me posted Dan, I appreciated it. Fisherman

Default robertcowan :

Post by robertcowan on Jul 15, 2006, 5:57pm

IF YOU USE THE STOCK top mount you better off having your cab on as its a very tight fit.
    bob

Default fisherman :

Post by fisherman on Jul 15, 2006, 9:59pm

Thanks Bob I have my cab sitting right there will be able to put it on for a test fit. I am also going to go with about an inch for body lift to help matters. Fisherman