Thread: chasing dimensions/drawings for m715 cargo box

Default chasing dimensions/drawings for m715 cargo box

Hi guys I'm after some drawings/measurements of a cargo box so I can fabricate one for my j truck project. I live in tasmania, the little island below Australia, yes where the Tassie devil comes from. I have never seen a m715 in the flesh before and I'm not sure there are even any here. I have searched hi and low for info but I'm unable to find anything detailed enough to build from.
    If Any one has any info or leads its greatly appreciated thanks. Michael

There is at least one in Australia.
    I can't think of his user name or which part of Australia he lives in.
    Maybe someone else will remember his name.

Do you need inch, or metric measurements?

I've got too many things going on right now to get detailed measurements.
    Hopefully someone else will be able to help.
    Roy

Thanks for the reply. I have heard there are a couple on the main land but never heard or seen of any where I live, we Are pretty isolated here. Imperial or metric measurements are fine. I currently have a flat tray on it with a hydraulic tipper. I hope to build a m715 style bed with different guards and set up as a tipper. With regards to details I don't need mount measurements as mine will be different anyway i was mostly after the strucre it's self. I was hoping factory drawings would be available some where. I'm willing to pay for drawings where required.

There are some dimensions here. Maybe that will help.

Cargo canvas size wanted to know.
    Thanks for all the help!

Top post, not sure how I missed it. Ok so length is clear but I couldn't work out width across the bed including the lips because the bow rails were included, unless I'm reading it wrong. The other measurement that would be handy is height of box sides inside and out. Thanks heaps

There is a member here who lives between Tasmania and Melbourne, VIC, Australia. He has several of them but I have not seen them. I believe his name is George.

thanks Don found this by chance http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/miena...4wd/1060616291
    It's about 2 hours from where I am.

well if you still want the dimensions, I took some today while mocking up the temporary trailer it will rest on till spring

drew a nice little picture and all-but realized I forgot some measurements, so if needed I'll get them, or you can check against the 715 you found(WOW blue engine!

Wow 67smith that's awesome work I'm sure many people will get use from it as well. Im pretty sure with your drawing and what I have it should be enough to make a good start. I'll post what I have written down to go with your drawings. When I find where I put them.
    I'm not able to go and look at the m715 for quite a while due to work and family commitments, so this is a massive help.
    Thanks again for your efforts, very much appreciated.

Update to Post #8, should be able to click and view now.
    Attached Images Attached Images