Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: M715 in AZ transport complications

It's being loaded for transport today or tomorrow. If that doesn't come together, I'll definitely give you a shout. Thanks.

It's loaded and en route... not without some shipper issues, though.

Quote Originally Posted by RRatch View Post
    It's loaded and en route... not without some shipper issues, though.
    Keep us up to date and we definitely want delivery pictures
    67' M715/5.9 Cummins/ZF5/NP205

Sure thing, but I don't know where to host pics now with Photobucket kicking the bucket...

I texted the driver this morning to let me know when he's near so I can meet him somewhere to unload (like Walmart parking lot). Taking a semi up my road is a one way trip, unless he can back down hills with really sharp turns.
    I was hoping he'd reply with a day of arrival, but he said he'll text me when he's two days away, so he must still be a ways off. Quite a bummer.

Well his normal route may be under water right now. I10 is closed from west of Houston to Beaumont. So he may not know exactly how long it will take.

Wow, funny that it was loaded over 2 weeks ago... The drivers' trailer axle broke in OK over the labor day weekend, so he was stranded until a shop opened Tuesday.
    The shop said they could get parts in and get him on the road by Friday.
    Wrong parts came in Friday, so he's still stuck in OK.

Maybe I'll rent some equipment and go meet him half way...

Have pictures sent of the truck at the shop.
    Jonnie

Where in OK is he at? Someone might be close that can check on it.

Wow. I know AZ to PA is a good haul... but if it was loaded and en route on the 26th Id have expected a delivery by the 30th or 31st, especially if I was the driver. Time is money. AZ to OK is a 2 day haul.

Mine was delivered from Roswell NM to Wichita Falls TX in one day. And I believe the driver made the return trip with the Ranchero I traded for it that night. he made bank that day.

If I didn't enjoy sleeping in my own bed every night so much I'd invest in a new dually and a good gooseneck hauler and go into the biz myself... seems to be a demand there.

Our resin deliveries from SC were always days late around any holidays... turns out the driver had family on that route. He was taking extended weekends with the fam while we had equipment down with no materials.

We're good to go.
    The driver finally arrived yesterday, we unloaded in the Walmart parking lot, and I used a tow-bar with my Tahoe to get the beast 8 miles home. I do NOT recommend that...the 1-1/4 ton was shoving the 1/2 ton all over the place, had to keep it under 25.

I'm hoping I'll have it running tonight, but the seller was unclear on why the stock motor was NG. I thought he said it was full of water, but the oil looks normal and level, and aside from the filler neck on the valve cover, there's no indication of water intrusion at all to me. The filler neck looks like it had condensation rust from lots of short runs. I'll pull the plugs tonight and stick a scope in each cylinder before turning it.

So though I'm probably not going to post a ton, I've already purchased parts for conversions that are written up here. I appreciate the work others have shared to shorten my work, and hope to contribute anything I come up with.