Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stock jack and lug wrench pics!

It's actually pretty easy if you read this and follow the step by step instructions.

The Ultimate in pic-posting help

Hey potts please don't be offended. I'm just trying to help. I'm wondering if you are having trouble with the concept of it or just the navigation on your computer.

I can help with either.

First the concept:

You start with a picture that is already on your computer. Lets assume you put the picture in a directory (also known as a folder) called Pictures.

You need to upload any pictures you want to share to a server on the internet. There are several to choose from. ImageShack or PhotoBucket make it fairly simple.

On their web page once you are logged in you click on a button that usually says something like "upload picture" or maybe "browse". When you click that button the web server pops up a window that is essentially asking you where the picture you want to share is located. Assuming you have them in a folder called "Pictures" you would browse to that folder using that pop up window and selecting the picture you want to share.

Once the photo is uploaded to to an internet server you copy the link to it's location on that server into the forum by clicking the add picture icon at the top of the message window.

As far as navigation goes there is a way you can let someone you trust see and control your desktop using special software. We use software like this at work to help clients with problems.

If you were interested in something like that let me know. I could remote into your computer and guide you through the whole thing from here.

Thanks Jeeper. I fooled around alittle last night. My daughter put in this program called "Tiny pics". I up loaded a picture of my truck from a folder and it was all good to that point. Then I didn't know what to do from their to get it on this site. Also have to learn how to take pics and put them in my computer folder. She will come over and go thru the whole process with me until I get it right. I don't know why I have such a hard time. My wife has a digital camera, so that's a start. I need the cable that goes from camera to computer to download the pictures I take? Them make a file? I appreciate your help tho. I must look like an idiot, not being able to do this relatively simple task. I'm going to work on it as a New Year Resolution! Thanks again.
    militarypotts Spec/4 Military Police, Vietnam Era, "Does the noise in my head bother you? Welcome to the Twilight Zone!"

Hey Potts, you are completely normal, no one would think you are an idiot. We have all had trouble with it at first. Its a little different from other websites. I have been using computers since the 80's, but not an expert either. I had difficulty posting pictures, and still am not very confidant of my skills. You are in good company, the majority couldnt get it right at first
    Feast or famine,

Getting the files to your computer from the camera is probably done with a usb cable, similar to the one that charges your phone from a usb power supply. If not, you can always remove the memory card and plug it into a dock that accepts it. You will have to buy something either way My leap of understanding was that the image file must be on the internet, on some website like photobucket. Having it on your computer is only the first step. After you have an account and upload the file to the internet, then you can find the correct format for this site.
    Feast or famine,

Actually, I do have the San-Disk device/cable, but my laptop has a input slot in the front to accept the little picture disk from the digital camera. One less step I guess. Following my daughters instructions, I downloaded the pictures on the disk to my picture folder on my computer. I did post them here, just need to learn how to post more than one photo at a time. My head is spinning with all this, but I'm working thru it. Thanks.
    militarypotts Spec/4 Military Police, Vietnam Era, "Does the noise in my head bother you? Welcome to the Twilight Zone!"

I just purchased one of these, but it didn't come with the handle. What does the handle look like?
    Last edited by Uncle Vin; November 1st, 2018 at 10:02 AM.