Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New to the Zone

Default New to the Zone

I have just gotten my first M715. It was a Military truck and needs a lot of work. I am looking for places to get floor pans and a few other body parts. the biggest thing will be finding a bed. The truck belonged to my uncle who passed and I really want to restore it. Any help would be great

Welcome to the fun.

There are several excellent threads about replacing the floor pans and other normal cab repairs. Several vendors sell replacement Full Size Jeep sheet metal which is a direct fit on most of the cab.

The bed is a bit more unique and might require a good bit of fabrication skill.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

Welcome to the 715 Zone !! It is one of the finest sources of information on the M-715. There will be frustration ahead in restoring your truck in your uncles honor but this site has the experience and talent to make this task doable.
    one of the first things is to register your vehicle .Looking over the present list you'll see many vehicles and know each owner was where you are ,asking questions.
    I live down near Louisville off 71 and i might be of help.

I will register the truck this after noon when I get home it has all the plates intact. first thing I'm going to do is look the motor over and make sure that it is fixable. The frame is in great shape just getting started

Welcome and don't hesitate to ask any question. We want new members and hope that we can help you out!

i have sent pic to burte4c of the tags in my cab is this all he needs to register my truck

Its all I need to add it to the VIN Registry that we have...THANKS for adding to the list and welcome aboard!!
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

Now I am just trying to decide were to begin. Going to start with tacking the body off and cleaning the frame up. Plus it will make it easier to work on the motor

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel.Jeffrey View Post
    Now I am just trying to decide were to begin. Going to start with tacking the body off and cleaning the frame up. Plus it will make it easier to work on the motor
    Sounds like a good plan.

Here is how mine started out.

How do i post pics on this site