Thread: Good source for propane parts

Default Good source for propane parts

For those who have crossed over to the dark side, or thinking about it....

I needed a bunch of propane parts and pieces to get my 715 wrapped up. I've bought before from Dillon Supply, a supply house in Raleigh NC and I think across the southeast. I have also got stuff from propaneguy.com and nash lift truck.

The other night, I was looking for parts and specs online, found one place that had good descriptions, pictures, a price list, etc.... got my order today, it was 100% correct...and cheaper than they quoted. By the list prices, everything I ordered should have been $360ish, got it for 178.18 by the time they discounted everything.

3/8 service hose was 2.30 a foot -- Dillon is 4.89 and tax.

They got Impco stuff, all manner of lockoffs and solenoids, both forged fittings and UL-rated brass, all the hoses, etc. I ordered a bunch of stuff, and it was all in stock and shipped the same day.

The place is www.altfuel.com

They also have a good propane tech/troubleshooting PDF on their website...got a printed version with the order, too.

Two thumbs up for them if you need 'pane stuff.
    DP

Man invented the slowest form of transportation - the sailboat, Then decided to race them.

Thanks for the information I've been thinking about this conversion for a while now and need as much information before I pull the trigger on this.

Thanks again
    kevin

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

I'm looking forward to seeing your setup next week......Never dealt with much propane stuff so it'll be an education for me.
    "Free advice is worth what you pay for it."™

Does anyone know if running propane is allowed on the street?

Depends on where you are.

Here, it's OK, no inspections, etc. You just (supposed to) have to pay road tax on the fuel you purchase. Done 2 ways here, either pay the tax with the fuel (few propane place are set up for this), or you file a motor fuels tax return.

In Canada, systems have to inspected and certified. Some states are probably the same. You know which ones. There are EPA-certified kits available. For older junk, I don't worry, and just use off-the-shelf components.

I'll be glad to answer any questions you got. Doug is running propane, too. There is also a good alternative fuels forum at Raso Enterprises They also have some good tech on their webpage
    DP

Man invented the slowest form of transportation - the sailboat, Then decided to race them.

Quote Originally Posted by kndllmtt View Post
    Does anyone know if running propane is allowed on the street?
    Forgot to say....Forklift tanks are not allowed, but a lot of people seem to run them on the road. I'll drive the 715 on the road more than the CJ, so I did put an ASME propane tank in it. They are spendy -- one like I got is $1200 delivered new. I got mine for a hundred cash and traded couple of old steel forklift cylinders.

Look around there are some deals out there.
    DP