Thread: just bought my m715

Default just bought my m715

will pick it up on tuesday, bought at a city auction. it runs, have no knowledge of this truck yet. question i have is this, how do i determine what year model it is, is the serial number what i use to find out?

At the very top of the web page is a VIN registry. Look there to get an approx year based on you truck's serial number. Date of delivery is between 1967 - 1969. Should be on the dash data plate if it is still attached.

http://www.m715zone.com/vb/view.php?pg=vin_registry

Quote Originally Posted by hiker View Post
    At the very top of the web page is a VIN registry. Look there to get an approx year based on you truck's serial number. Date of delivery is between 1967 - 1969. Should be on the dash data plate if it is still attached.

http://www.m715zone.com/vb/view.php?pg=vin_registry
    okay thanks, the dash data plate is still attached. i glanced at it the day of the auction, think it was 2/68

Very nice. Was it used by the Fire Department? Be sure to post pictures as soon as you can, we'd all love to see them!!

Good deal Larry. Yes we love pictures here so follow the sticky posted above and share your newest acquisition. What are your plans? Restoration, modification, repaint and drive?
    Welcome aboard.

Quote Originally Posted by fng View Post
    Good deal Larry. Yes we love pictures here so follow the sticky posted above and share your newest acquisition. What are your plans? Restoration, modification, repaint and drive?
    Welcome aboard.
    will be picking the truck up on tuesday. i plan on leaving it as is basically, will do some repairs, repaint, and will probably be a daily driver.

Quote Originally Posted by syzygy View Post
    Very nice. Was it used by the Fire Department? Be sure to post pictures as soon as you can, we'd all love to see them!!
    been in this small town for years and can say that it wasnt used by the volunteer fire dept. it was used by the city for various things. hasnt been used in 5 years or so. has been parked in the city yard for that long, maybe longer. started right up on the day of the auction, will be picking it up on tuesday. plan on documenting everything from picking it up to whatever comes along with owning it. will be taking a lot of pics i am sure

Congrats Larry, hopefully you got it today!
    Thanks for all the help!

picked up the truck on tuesday. data plate shows delivery in 67. checked the oil in it, shows good/real clean. water was good, had some gas in the tank. started right up and drove it home, has issues with brakes. turned out that this truck was sold to the city by the fire dept. they had it for years is what i was told, hardly ever used it.

didnt have much time to mess with it, did try out the four wheel drive and lo range, all seem to function well.

back to work today so the truck, ( my 17 year old has nicknamed it "The Tank" ) will have to sit under its shed for awhile.

'The Tank', that's great!
    Mine's 'The Big Red Dinosaur' until I get it painted this spring.
    Drove it home! Sounds like you did well with it, can't wait for the pics! Just love the digital age! Ken
    Last edited by kyken; March 10th, 2010 at 11:25 AM. Reason: sp
    Thanks for all the help!