Thread: Door markings

Default Door markings

I have been sanding down my doors and carefully making my way through the layers in hopes of finding some markings. I always do this when I restore an old truck. I call it "Forensic Bodywork"
    Anyway, I found 2 diamond shaped symbols approx (6" each) side by side.Very faint. The left hand diamond appears to be white and the right hand diamond is black. I can barely make out the word "FLAMMABLE" in red above the diamonds.
    One of the layers is a very light green and another layer is bright yellow. There does seem to be an OD green layer as well in the mix in addition to the current OD green top coat.
    I am hoping someone may have seen this or recognize the insignia.
    Thanks!

Are they diamond shaped or more a square on its side?? Haz mat placards can have these colors-but they are more of the square on the side

Default Precisely!

PRECISELY!!

I actually removed more top coat and thats exactly what it is. It is a large square made up of 4 squares and it is positioned at a 45 degree angle like a diamond. It looks just like an MSDS decal that you put on chemical containers. The red block says "FLAMMABLE".
    I can see a black block on the right and an orange block on the bottom. Not sure what the top block says or what color it is.
    The entire symbol is on a yellow backround.
    Any idea what all this may be? Any way I can find some old photos of a truck like this?

Thank you very much!!!

Mike

Well orange is generally explosives or blasting agents--black is usually corrosives-red is flammable or combustible...can you see any numbers?? Or can you post a pic? If I had more info I could look it up in the emergency response guidebook.

its a standard haz mat decal the paticular threat would be printed over the general sign apparently sometime in its use it was transporting something that required it be marked for hazmat find the unit marking on the bumpers if you can that would help in finding out where it was stationed
    68 M-715 MVPA #2710

Thank you very much guys!
    I will continue my forensic sanding and keep you posted.

Mike