Thread: Instant Karma

Default Instant Karma

I have been aggressively selling a bunch of no longer needed items on Craigslist lately. Among them was a 1986 Mazda pickup which was really rough but ran well. I've had the truck for several years and it has served us well, but it was no longer needed and going to waste. I was appalled at how far down it had gone when I went to clean it out and make sure it ran for sale, but I already had responses to the ad so I got it ready.

In every case, potential buyers were looking for something cheap to drive to work because they couldn't afford to drive their crewcab diesels. I was very upfront with everyone about how rough the truck was (bad paint, some rust in bed, bad tires, etc.) After several lookers, a guy came that I really clicked with, he even works for a different part of the same entity that I do. He likes to fix up old tractors and he really liked my 715s and my deuce. He liked them for the right reasons too: simple, robust, functional... We made a deal for the truck and the parts truck at slightly over the scrap value.

Anyway, he alluded that he might have something that would interest me, and when he came tonight to pick up the first truck he went to his truck and made me a jaw-dropping gift:

He commented that he had had these around for years and had no use for them, he wanted me to just have them. He also said "Its funny how God brings people together sometimes isn't it?". Funny indeed. I offered to pay of course and he of course refused.

I think I'm in good deed debt now. Its humbling to be reminded of the value of the simple good turn. I hope that the trucks I sold him turn out to be everything he was expecting. I hope to someday always have the peaceful giving spirit that he has.

NICE!!

The blue covered manuals together predate the manila covered ones and were printed by Kaiser...they are basically a combination -20 and -34 of the Army versions. They do include sections or parts of sections that are not included in the -20 and -34 manuals...like the alternator internals and the tuneupsection and body sections for the M715 and M725.

I have a copy of them and incorporated everything into the manuals I did for the site...either by adding information to existing chapters or as a stand alone section outside the -20 and -34 manuals.

A really great catch though...nice how that happens...oh so rarely...

The little things are always more important for some reason. Good deal.

How did you get the M35 t-case out of the back of that Mazda?
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

Quote Originally Posted by Barrman View Post
    How did you get the M35 t-case out of the back of that Mazda?

I had been storing an airshift transfer case in the back of one of the Mazdas to keep it up off the ground until I can replace the sprag unit in the deuce with it.

My son and one of his friends and I took a long pipe and slung the t-case with a chain which we hooked over the pipe. We then lifted the ends of the pipe and the t-case failed to budge. We tried again and succeeded in bending the pipe without lifting the case. I finally backed the Mazda to a suitable spot, slid the case to the end of the bed and rolled it out onto the ground. I'll rig some kind of sledge to drag it where I need when its time to install it.

How incredibly cool. It does come back to you. Sometimes tenfold.
    Liz, covid, murdered 10/19/21

Pretty, cool, what goes around comes around.